• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding multiple instances of Lumetri to a clip?

Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How do you add an additional instance of Lumetri to a clip?

2. When is it necessary to do this? I seem to be able to do multiple things to my clips in the current instance of Lumeti.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

***New in Premiere Pro 13.0*** We added a dropdown menu tool at the very top of the Lumetri panel that allows you to select which instance of Lumetri the Lumetri panel is controlling.  From the same menu you can also add, rename, and clear (remove) individual instances of Lumetri.  In past versions, the Lumetri panel only had the ability to control the last instance of Lumetri.  If you needed to make adjustments to Lumetri instances that were further up the chain you were forced to do these adjustments in the Effects Control Panel.  This was inconvenient and often confusing. 

There are several reasons you may want more than one instance of Lumetri on a clip.  You could use one instance to correct problems like exposure and white balance, and name it something that makes sense to you - "basic correction" - and then use a separate instance to do more creative stuff - "bright and happy".  Yes, it's true, you could do this all with one instance, but using separate instances allows you to organize your work any way that makes sense to you.  Another reason you may need to use multiple instances are for masking out different adjustments to specific areas.  Imagine you have two people in the shot; each person's face requires different adjustments and each requires a tracked mask.  You can't do this without separate Lumetri instances.

Learn more about what's new in Premiere Pro 13.0 - New and enhanced features | Latest release of Premiere Pro CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a weird error on my Lumetri when I add an additional colour effect. Soon as I click to change a parameter, the tab jumps to the lowest lumetri effect in the dropdown box. I have to then click on the drop down box to re-select the effect I want to.

Any thoughts on when this glitch will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this feature, but why do masked luminaires affect each other? For example, according to the attached image at the top of the image, which has a strong light, I create a meter with a mask. Now I create another meter to correct the whole image except the mask, but the color I give in the second meter also affects the mask, even if the layout Do I control the ups and downs?88c4f690-6791-4383-8af1-417eacd222be.jpgd6cc2939-c190-422f-84aa-05c9f2fbbf4a.jpg

If we do only what we know, we will never progress

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines