Adding speed, scale, and position effects on same clip

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been trying to use the speed ramp tool on a clip and also position and scale it to be where I need it to be in the frame. 
Every time I try to add scale and position keyframes in addition to the using speed ramping strange things start to happen. Is there a way to layer effects and use multiple keyframes for different attributes? 

Also, sometimes when I have multiple keyframes, if I edit one later in the timeline it doesn't change anything where I placed it but it changes things earlier in the clip...not even at a keyframe. This makes no sense to me. Then, if I 'remove attributes' sometimes my entire clip just disappears.

I'm not sure if it's all related somehow or if they're seperate issues. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply either the scale/position changes and nest the clip, or the time ramp changes and nest the clip.

To nest a clip, right click on the clip, then select "nest".

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
ObiWanTwoThree AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had tried that and was getting the same results but I'll try it again and see what happens.

Thanks Neil.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines