• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjusting clips Lumetri from a multicam nest loaded onto Source panel deselects effect control

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone ever had a problem with the latest version of Premiere 1.3.5 on Windows 10 where the mouse pointer suddenly disappear after adjusting the Color wheel of a particular clip in your sequence and the effect control window gets deselected for that particular clip? This is only happening when I load a multicam nested sequence into the Source monitor and adjust the effects control for any clips in the nested sequence. (I recorded a video of the issue i'm having) Anyone know of a bug in relation to that issue?

https://youtu.be/aUNDGcq9-8o

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested out the same workflow on Mac os 10.15 in Premiere Pro 13.1.5 and I faced the same issue of mouse pointer getting suddenly disappear and no matter what I do it does not appear back until I force quit Premiere Pro. it is not only the issue of  Multicam nest but the same thing happens if you open any nested sequence in the source monitor and switch to effects control panel to adjust the Lumetri color effect Color Wheels. It does not happen with other effects or other settings of Lumetri effects only the Color wheels 

Please submit bug here - https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro 

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fascinating bug there.

You could of course quickly switch to the color workspace, as using the color wheels there is no problem. Would keep you working.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this is a bug. We're looking into it. Looks like it goes back a couple versions. As you mention, not loading the nested clip into source will allow you to avoid the bug. Affects regular nested clips and multicam clips. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Chad!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I ran into this problem today but and the lumetri panel would freeze when I would change a knob.

I found that dissabling all the clips in the my master sequence, I could then do adustments in the nested multicamed sequence.

MC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into a similar problem and unfortunately not surprised to find it's been a known issue for years with no apparent fix in sight. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I've been unable to fix this issue across multiple versions of premiere, resetting my preferences, clearing my cache, using different computers.

I have a ~1 hour multicam clip with 3 camera angles. I've gone through the entire hour and cut between each of the three angles hundreds of times throughout the clip, as is a standard practice when editing with multicam. At this point, I would like to make color adjustments to the original uncut clips, inside the multicam sequence, so that these changes are also reflected in my fully edited main sequence, without having to color each and every cut up clip in my fully edited sequence. However, within any multicam sequence, every time I make a single change in the Lumetri color panel, the entire panel is deselected and greyed out, even though the clip is still selected in the timeline.

If I want to make another change to any color setting, I have to deselect and select the clip in the timeline, then make the change in the Lumetri panel, then it gets greyed out again, so I have to deselect and reselect the clip in the timeline to make another change and on and on it goes. The same thing happens every time I make a change to any Lumetri setting in the Effect Controls panel.

Again, this has been a persistent issue across at least the last 2 major releases of premiere (22 and 23) on at least 3 different (apple) laptops and desktops running different OS versions and with different specs (intel-based i9 and i7, as well as an M1 Max laptop). Anybody know of an actual fix for this or whether Adobe may be working on one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that would be a pain! And unfortunately I can't replicate on either my desktop or laptop, both PCs.

For MC work, I either click the Source tab in the Lumetri panel or bring the original clips up in the Source monitor and correct with that monitor in focus.

Either way, any changes I apply are immediately applied to all instances of any part of that clip in that project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me for years as well across all sorts of macs and PC's over the years. It's kinda insane that is a known issue, yet there's been no fixes while we feed this company money on a monthly subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a workaround here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/effect-controls-deselects-when-changing-moti...

Try closing your source monitor panel and see if that fixes the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines