• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjusting duration of captions & still images for my MOM's tribute video

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Premiere Pro and started a tribute video for my mom using about 100 still images. I'm adding captions for most stills and soon realized that I can't adjust the caption and image duration at the same time. I've searched like crazy but can't find a solution. Given how important this project is and that I have to do it within a few days, does any one have advice? Should I use titles in place of captions? Should I be using other software? THANKS SO MUCH!

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

titles are probably the better way.  Captions are usually for translation of foreign films, etc.    Try using the type tool.  It's not difficult when you have some basic background in this.  I'd suggest you edit the stills as you like them and then add the titles.   Create the title for the first still and set your font size, etc.  You could then extend the text clip for the length of your sequence, use the razor tool to divide the text clip wherever the still edits are and then replace the text for each still.  I'm sure there are some tutorials on youtube that will help you with this but maybe your being overly ambitious with your time constraints.  Good luck and post back if you have any specific questions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestion got me thinking of a similar option. Using graphics > new layer > text, I added a text clip to timeline. I formatted the text to look like the caption text. It doesn't have the 'edge' but I used stroke and shadow, and created a similar background color. It looks almost identical to the caption text.

I copied and pasted the text clip from the first still to the second still and changed the words. I can adjust the duration of the text clip and the still clip at the same time. I know this is a hack way of doing it but it looks like this is the best option for me right now. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not really a 'hack' is it? That's how you do it. The only 'hackish' part is going up to the graphics menu to do that. 🙂 Use the hotkey 'ctrl-t' or just press T to get the Text Tool and you can click on the program window and start typing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines