• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjusting tempo

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot my drone video footage on a fixed frame rate of 25FPS for ease of editing (one frame every 0.04s). The soundtrack is giving me around 1.25 beats in the same second (one beat every 0.625s) and this makes cuts very hard to synchronise.

The video edit is not yet complete so I can't just set the runtime of the audio to match the video. Is there some way that I can select 'x' number of beats and set a timebase for them and the rest of the track?

Premiere Pro 14.3.

Thanks

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any such tool native to Premiere... perhaps a plugin might be able to do that. Beatedit or something.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to just edit away and skip the theory and see how it looks like? 🙂

I get the idea behind the calculation, but if you just edit and place the edit 100% on the beat or some precents off mathematically you will notice that the human eye is too slow to even notice that the cut is x.xx % off.

Sometimes a video cut 100% on the beat will not look best, sometimes one frame before or after the beat marries best. It´s more about feel rather than doing it 100% mathematically correct. That´s the way music works as well, 100% correct is boring, adding some subtle variations to that is what makes everything come alive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<Have you tried to just edit away and skip the theory and see how it looks? >>

Brilliant, I couldn't agree more! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quite often some movement or action will occur on the beat so you will need to cut early to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines