• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjusting the position of ALL Subtitles at once. (Premiere Pro 14.9 and earlier)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can adjust the location of individual subtitles on the screen by making adjustments to the x and y axis. However, I need to change the location of ALL of the subtitles by the same amount at once. Is there a way to do this? My thanks in advance for any assistance.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

I can't test this at the moment, but try this: in the Caption panel, select all the captions, then make the x/y adjustment.

Using the Effects panel on the entire caption stream will work, but will not allow the export of the positions IF that matters to you. Works just fine for burning in.

Stan

Stan 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are all at the same x and y axis, then you can right click on one in the timeline and copy.

Then select all of the others on the timeline and right click > Paste attributes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have them all in a 1 caption clip on the timeline, use Motion properties from 

the Effect Controls panel. if you have them as individual separate caption clips on

the timeline, either copy the motion of the first one and paste attributes to all others,

or nest them and change the Motion Position properties of the nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't test this at the moment, but try this: in the Caption panel, select all the captions, then make the x/y adjustment.

Using the Effects panel on the entire caption stream will work, but will not allow the export of the positions IF that matters to you. Works just fine for burning in.

Stan

Stan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select All is in the contextual menu of the Captions Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Привет! впервые пишу на форумах)
но вот ответ который реально сработал.

Выделяешь все субтитры, без видео.
далее делаешь в настройках текста расположение текста где хочешь и кнопка ентер. и вот. настройка расположения применилась ко всем субтитрам

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines