Highlighted

Adjustment Layer cause Image to "jump" with color correction

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an timeremapped timelape where i color corrected some aspects. I notice some "jumping" of the footage when the adjustment layer is active, it jumps/streches the image a little bit. I checked several times that or original is not jumping at all, only in combination with the adjustment layer i get those result. On the Adjustment Layer there is no keyframe for scale or so which could cause this, just color correction. 

What i noticed that even when i pre-render the clip i get red sections in the timelime around that area where i can see the "jump" , i would expect that those turn green after pre-render.

Just by playing around with the layer i managed to get rid of the problem, which makes no sense: I simply remove the Adjustment layer and just do an "undo" to bring it back. Viola i get what i expected from the beginning. Those tiny bugs where as user you have no clue what cause them makes me feel this is never really tested, to me is looks like a caching issue. Please fix ASAP!

PS: Using Latest PP

😞

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adjustment Layer cause Image to "jump" with color correction

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an timeremapped timelape where i color corrected some aspects. I notice some "jumping" of the footage when the adjustment layer is active, it jumps/streches the image a little bit. I checked several times that or original is not jumping at all, only in combination with the adjustment layer i get those result. On the Adjustment Layer there is no keyframe for scale or so which could cause this, just color correction. 

What i noticed that even when i pre-render the clip i get red sections in the timelime around that area where i can see the "jump" , i would expect that those turn green after pre-render.

Just by playing around with the layer i managed to get rid of the problem, which makes no sense: I simply remove the Adjustment layer and just do an "undo" to bring it back. Viola i get what i expected from the beginning. Those tiny bugs where as user you have no clue what cause them makes me feel this is never really tested, to me is looks like a caching issue. Please fix ASAP!

PS: Using Latest PP

😞

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can replicate the issue then please post it on UserVoice: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/ 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have a time remapped timelapse ... I take it you mean you have still images, and you applied time-remapping on the stills? Not exactly sure what you're doing there.

Then you applied Lumetri to an Adjustement layer.

The problem is that there is stuttering for playback, right? If you have the AL active?

And "rendering" the section is not behaving as you expect?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its an PNG sequence of 36 Hrs

>The problem is that there is stuttering for playback, right? If you have the AL active?

Not sure what AL is

>And "rendering" the section is not behaving as you expect?

No, it keeped jumping the frames (vertically) the same as you would animate the position of the layer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjustment Layer ... AL.

So you have a sequence entirely of png images ... all stills.

Why ... and how! ... do you time-remap stills? I'm not clear on that.

And are you changing for size/scale?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got it, Adjustment Layer.

Its a sequence of PNG Files, right

Im not scaling any of those files, just timeremapping.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it export OK?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never tried to export to check as i belive an WYSIWYG should show the final result

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0