• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects Integration?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually edit my video in Premiere Pro, render and export it and then edit it in After Effects. Is there a simpler way to do this, like without having to render and export it? Like can I edit the same video in Premiere Pro and After Effects simultaneously with my edits being made real-time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

if you have the same versions of Premiere and AE you can right click on your video in the timeline in Premiere and choose” replace with After Effects Composition” do your changes in AE and save. Your changes should appear in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have the same versions of Premiere and AE you can right click on your video in the timeline in Premiere and choose” replace with After Effects Composition” do your changes in AE and save. Your changes should appear in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried using the lastest CC verion of both tools, it literally REPLACED (hence "replace" with After Effects) the clips in my PP timeline with one solid pink "clip" (I'm not an AE expert so I don't know what they call that), which meant I couldn't do any more editing in Premiere Pro.   Since the OP wanted to do simultaneous editing, this doesn't seem to address his question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

Good point. What I typically do is duplicate the clip before sending it to After Effects so I have a fall back. A simple Edit > Undo in the Timeline will also bring your clip back to default for further editing. Hope the workflow tips help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines