Adobe Dynamic Link Not Working Latest CC 2020

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys i'm having this issue with Adobe Dynamic Link when i Locate Media from offline clips and choose after effects composition with adobe dynamic link it's just Blank when there is clearly a composition. In after effects the video clip shows up and plays fine no errors but the Dynamic Link doesn't work. At all period even with regular Import after effects composition Dynamic Link just shows nothing. I'm using the latest version. If anyone knows a fix please let me know thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Import

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here but found a workaround:

Close your Premiere Pro, open After Effects with the project then open Premiere Pro again - it works. So apparently you have to have both opened.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue too, after the last update. This is not a solution, it's a dirty trick. Works with two or three AE projects inside the same Premiere projects? I hope so...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which effects are you using with these After Effects compositions? Any third party effects? Are these effects updated to work in the current version of After Effects? Let us know, waka.

Thanks,
Kevin

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue for over a month now. update every chance I can get.  This is a bit rediculous. It is a key peice of functionality for many many users/workflows. 

PP
AE

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Unistalled both Premier and After Effects, installed again. Premier Pro opens the project fine, minus the Dynamic Links. Tried closing Premier Pro, and opening the After Effects document, Ae freezes. I try to Link the files again, directly from Pr.. freezes.

I'm on Mac OS Big Sur 11.1, CC is up to date, so are all the apps

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Premier will open the project correctly, but any Dynamic Link composition will read as "Media Pending." When opening the AE project, After Effects will load 35%-80% of the way and then freeze completely. Attempted to load the same project from my Cloud back up and recieved the same result.

Windows 10 & OS 11.1 - every app is up to date. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay so i was trying to troubleshoot the same issue for 2 hours. i tried everything. my last resort was to completely uninstall creative cloud and every app. i then rebooted my computer. i reinstalled the creative cloud app again and dowloaded premiere pro and after effects. it seems that when you have only premiere pro open (with after effects closed) and then you right-click replace with ae comp, it then launched AE and immediately asked where i wanted to save the project file. the replacement comp from premiere then successfully opened in AE  and now everything is working. Let me know if this fixes the issue for everyone.

This was ridiculous. smartphones seem to be smarter than industry standard editing software. it's pretty sad.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was with customer support for over 4 hours, installed the app that lets the tech support person use your computer. He tried a BUNCH of stuff. In the end, nothing.. NOTHING worked. Somehow I got disconnected from the tech support person, got connected to another one, at which point it was near 1am where I live, and I just told tech support to forget about it, that I would do the work again. Had to uninstall everything from my computer, because Photoshop, Ai, Id started giving me some weird warnings about color profiles when I started the apps, I imagine it was because the first tech support person moved, erased, and created a bunch of new Adobe Library files..

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem for two days.... Since none of any solution on this page worked for me, including uninstalling twice, I finally make it work by moving my after effects projects in an other folder. 

Don't know exactly why now it s working !

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines