Exit

Adobe fonts not working in Premiere Pro captions in Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Premiere Pro 14.1

When I add Open Captions, I can edit font and faux style. But when I select Futura PT Bold (or any font in the Futura PT Font family), Adobe displays Windows 10 default font instead of the font I selected.

It's working perfectly in Mac, but not in Windows. I tried to uninstall/restart/clear cache of Premiere pro and even Deactivated and reactivated Adobe Fonts in Creative Cloud. 

In Title or After Effets, the font works flawlessly. But not in captions in Premiere Pro.

Would you have any idea of what I can do, please?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague of mine has the exact same trouble. I am interested in knowing if anything is planned to fixed this. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would someone have a fix for this issue?

I'm thinking of converting to MacOs because of this 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me: add the font again from TypeKit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you add the font again? From the website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm having the same issue. Have deleted / re exported and re downloaded the font from TypeKit and have had no joy. I'm working on Windows 10 and using the Premiere Pro captions feature. Please advise if this ever got resolved or whether it is just a glitch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had not tested Futura PT before. I just added from Adobe fonts. It was immediately available in Graphics Text. It showed in the Caption Panel after I restarted PR. I don't think it matt4ers, but running 14.8.0.

However, it added Future PT Book by default, but I could not change it from Book to Medium or Extra Bold. In Futura PT Cond, I could change to Bold. So I do not know whether this will work or not.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines