Highlighted

Adobe Glitch With PlayBack/Timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so basically when ever I go to edit my video im a fortnite youtuber so I record lots of 20minute videos and then move them into the data box so I can drag the video into my timeline so when ever I get about 4 videos into my timeline I add a 5th one and my whole adobe starts glitching I can click on things but nothing happens I cant click on Screenshot - 1dc6135de4235807f19cc02b4e25e29e - Gyazo  this which is my biggest issue my computer has great specs so its not my Pc Please tell me what you need and how to fix this

This is my Pc Specs Screenshot - 7104c6b80f473febb28b71445bdb7588 - Gyazo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Glitch With PlayBack/Timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so basically when ever I go to edit my video im a fortnite youtuber so I record lots of 20minute videos and then move them into the data box so I can drag the video into my timeline so when ever I get about 4 videos into my timeline I add a 5th one and my whole adobe starts glitching I can click on things but nothing happens I cant click on Screenshot - 1dc6135de4235807f19cc02b4e25e29e - Gyazo  this which is my biggest issue my computer has great specs so its not my Pc Please tell me what you need and how to fix this

This is my Pc Specs Screenshot - 7104c6b80f473febb28b71445bdb7588 - Gyazo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 28, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone tell me if this has or is happening to them at the moment or whats going on

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It happened to me once on my jpeg photos and videos. And in my cases, I encountered few damaged files. For importing issue, my PR once crashed while importing bunch of folder/files. and it's due to my previous OS updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did u fix this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My damaged files considered damaged originally. and for OS, I updated to the latest High Sierra.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DUDE I'M HAVING THE SAME ISSUE

I hope someone finds the answer soon... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to understand the glitch your facing. Can you please make a short video using screen recorder and explain the issue

"then move them into the data box" - Do you mean you import into the project and then drag it to timeline? and when you add the 5th video, premiere pro becomes unresponsive.

Also, let us know what format & codec your working within premiere pro?

Vishu Aggarwal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok So here is a video Adobe Glitch Please Help - YouTube  In the video you can clearly see im trying to click on the stuff but its not working I cant click on time line nor press the resume button and it happened when I added in that next clip I know its not just that one clip because it doesn't work any time I do this

this is a huge bug and needs to be fixed now please reply

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this - Go To File > Project Settings > General > Video Rendering and Playback > (choose from drop-down) Mercury Playback Engine Software Only

Vishu Aggarwal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already done that

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im telling you its a issue with adobe it ligit freezes up

others have this issue also

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the issue, It is not always Adobe at fault, it can also because of drivers or OS issues.

Have you tried resetting the preferences of premiere pro if not then try as follow -

• Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching Premiere Pro. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears.
Vishu Aggarwal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what does this do

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks ill see if it works

if not will the OS fix over time

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw its still happening its so weird I dont know what to do

Do you have a suggestion for other editing software for temporary use until adobe fixes it self or os fixes it self

And now im getting doubles Screenshot - 704099eab667d6a40a82f71bd2aaf7dc - Gyazo  in the far left like come on

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will recommend you to use Premiere Pro, Just the preference reset thing...If it does not work then let us know.

"And now I'm getting doubles", this can be resolved by resetting the workspace as follow - window > workspaces > reset to the saved layout. 

Vishu Aggarwal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the reset thing didn't work

its still doing the lag issue

once again its not just me others are having this issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Reset did you try Preferences or workspaces

You can also file a bug report here - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Vishu Aggarwal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im so confussed on why its doing this

Once again sir

Look at Adobe Glitch Please Help - YouTube

Whats happening is that when I add in anothing clip my intire adobe glitches to where I cant click on the timeline nor the playbutton and also the whole side were you can cut put text etc... is grey aka unusable

but on the left were the video import editor is its completely fine Adobe Glitch Please Help - YouTube  Just look at that video and tell me whats wrong in a long response I payed money for a reason

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your render bar is red which means you need to render in order to playback the timeline.

It also means your footage does not match the sequence settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I fix this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I "render in order

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

basically asking how do I fix this please help me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now when  I do it its all just being laggy like I cant clear I cant edit and when I do it takes 30seconds for the action to happen Its not my Pc is a god

Specs: Screenshot - 03fcd84134ba1031750eebf9fec16a0f - Gyazo 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and my footage does match because the video is 60fps 1080x720 or whatever that ratio to 1080 is and so is my seqence

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Press "Enter key" to create preview files (preview render) to get rid of the red line.

Vishu Aggarwal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, I am able to understand the issue. Sometimes premiere pro misbehaves with certain functions, So as a practice we try resetting the preferences of premiere pro.

Also, note that nothing happens to the project files; it's just that Premiere Pro's recent directories are wiped off too.

Vishu Aggarwal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ITS STILL LAGGING YOUR NOT AWNSERING MY QUESTION LIGIT ADOBE PREMIER PRO IS LAGGING ALL TOGETHER IT TAKES FOR EVER  FOR IT TO LOAD IVE PUT MY SPECS BEFORE FIGURE IT OUT PLEASE

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok the glitch is as shown in this video Adobe Glitch Please Help - YouTube

when I add another thing into the timeline the entire adobe premier pro starts lagging I cant click on anything it I cant click on the line were the red and yellow bars are

its just annoying how do I fix this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Adobe Customer Care via chat or Phone, they can help you out via remote access if needed.

Vishu Aggarwal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whatever you guys arnt helping im switching to lightworks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum. We are all users just like you.

Get in touch with Customer Care.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 1
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear your frustration.

Your sequence settings match the first clip, because there is no red bar above it. All the rest of clips do not, because there is a red bar. To playback realtime, they must be "rendered." You do that by clicking in the timeline, hitting "enter,' and waiting until the bar is no longer red. We don't now what is different about them; just that they don't match.

Honestly, your PC is not a god, even if it may be a prince. 16GB of RAM is the minimum recommended. Yes, the minimum allowed in the PR specs is 8GB, but your videos are likely highly compressed, and it takes a lot of horsepower (CPU and RAM) to playback real-time. We have no information about your harddrive(s), and that may also be a bottle neck.

One test is to drag one of the videos (after the first one) to the "new" icon (in the project panel to the left). This creates a matching sequence for that video. Then add more of them. If a video creates a red line, remove it and pick another. With 5 of those and no red line, does it play back okay?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got any good editing softwars that render in 1080p

??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AaronA,

This is gamer footage, so it was probably acquired via screen capture program. The output is likely an odd size and variable frame rate. Take the footage into Media Encoder and export it as GoPro Cineform as 1920 x 1080 30 fps and reimport the footage. My opinion is that it will be much easier to playback and edit with. Please try it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2018 1
Diana G LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I know this is a couple years later but I just wanted to say this was the solution for me. I had the same UI glitches as the OP and I was also taking a screen capture (through Windows gaming capture, I assume that's what the OP was using as well). I use screen captures all the time but this one was of a weird aspect ratio and of a program that's a little laggy. I brought it into Media Encoder and exported it as YouTube 1080p. Worked great. Thanks for the solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0