• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe implemented Sound Timecode!! (Linear LTC)

Contributor ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

But it's not working.

I've tried it with one Camera (GH5) and Mixpre6.

PP makes the Multicam File but All my shots are on different tracks, all lined at the begining of the timeline.

I've used Camera Label to Organize it (though not needed) and have no effect on the problem.

We will need (Create Single Multicam source sequence) to be used with Sound Timecode.

Please Add Dynamic Media > Camera Label As Per Standard in Timeline and please make so renaming multiple files as camera label will effect multiple files at the same time. Now we need to dive into menus to get this Camera label for every start of a project.

A Nice feature would be to have your custom proxy preset List right under the Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence > Create Proxy using Preset > $Preset,,, So it will create the multicam whilst adding the proxies for easier workflow, with one window visit.

So:

1. Sound timecode doesn't work.

2. Have the Camera Label placeholder as a default in

every project and have it understand multi select. 

3. Create & Attach proxy right after creating multi-camera timeline, right from create multicam window.

Thank you.

download.png 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Import , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does it work for you PP Users?

Please Advise,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upping this thread, Many Adobe users awaiting this feature so badly, they droole over the idea to do all syncing In-App. Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kinda think that organizing your stuff via smart bins and so on... is the best way to categorize your shots ( clips ). I don't ever use multi camera cause that is like trying to vidio mix ( live shooting ) an event like some clown show or circus, etc. I don't do that. That is better served with using video switching and mixing boards while shooting IMO. 

If you go to multicam and choose when to switch cameras it's always off a few frames at least.

don't matter if everyone is wearing a clown nose.

Or cutting some game they recorded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a cooking show broadcast with multiple cameras using Ambient Lockits. For my neeeds, A Sound Timecode feature is vital for post production syncronazation. Please if you have nothing vital and engaging to say, please let others not be fooled by your misleading comment, 

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is a link somewhere to make a 'feature request' for things you want added to the program or fixed, etc.

Thanks for elaborating on what you are doing and what your problem is. I really appreciate learning from you and other posters like yourself who help so much.

This is a user to user forum and no programmers or engineers come to the forums, so a feature request is your best option. Good luck !

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Slavo, Good luck to you too. This feature has just been added to PP 14.3. Still there are issues with it be the Good will from Adobe to help us is fantastic and goes a long way, either sides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been an update to this? Can someone confirm if this is working or not?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been doing external LTC rendering for too long (LTC Converting is an extra step, "aint nobody got time for that").  It's time for this to FINALLY be done inside NLE's, especially Premiere.  Resolve has been able to do this for some time now.  It should be way easier to do than wave level sync'ing.  Also used to use Plural Eyes for wave based sync'ing.  But again, been trying to make my workflow more efficient and moved to timecode based syncing (plus it is required on some sets).  

Common Adobe, you can do it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agreed. WAY too long to get good TC working.

Got some UserVoice posts on this for people to upvote ...

For LTC timecode use:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/36588481-ltc-time-code

For general jam-syncing on non-multicam sequences:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/36556048-sync-audio-and-vid...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update three years later, there is not a mention of Sound Timecode on Premiere's Multicam manual page. Premiere doesn't read audio timecode from a Deity device. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Drumvisio this is an old thread but since I was looking at other LTC-related posts, I found this one and wanted to follow-up

The feature you're referring to - "Sound Timecode" - is actually unrelated to LTC. It's for customers that are using audio timecode for dual system sound workflows. This is a workflow used by some of our episodic and long-form customers and is describe in the guide posted here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/long-form-episodic-best-practices.html

LTC isn't yet implemented but we are working on it. Part of the complexity of that implementation is that we want to make sure we still support Sound Timecode, while adding LTC support, and not confusing anyone (well, not confusing anyone any more than we already have; my apologies!)

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines