Highlighted

Adobe premier 2020 constant crashes or freezes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.

I have been using this product for the last two months and was enjoying it until I decided to update from 2019 to 2020. I regret it. Regret it a lot.

Thankfully I finished a video I was working on before I updated because otherwise, I would have been raging. 

The slider in the timeline becomes unresponsive and playback stops working. The app itself doesn't freeze entirely. I can still click around but no actions function.

I have rebooted my machine several times since this post. Anyone else encountering the same issues?

Windows 10

16gigs of ram

SSD

1050 GTX

i7

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe premier 2020 constant crashes or freezes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.

I have been using this product for the last two months and was enjoying it until I decided to update from 2019 to 2020. I regret it. Regret it a lot.

Thankfully I finished a video I was working on before I updated because otherwise, I would have been raging. 

The slider in the timeline becomes unresponsive and playback stops working. The app itself doesn't freeze entirely. I can still click around but no actions function.

I have rebooted my machine several times since this post. Anyone else encountering the same issues?

Windows 10

16gigs of ram

SSD

1050 GTX

i7

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2019 9
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled the previous version and it has been working without issues. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind..now it is back to not working right. Even starting from a new file. Since my update, I am not sure why nothing works right. The timeline area specifically doesn't update until I hit the spacebar to hit play. I can zoom in and not see it happening in realtime until I hit the spacebar. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as you've discovered, it's never a good idea to do an update in the middle of a project.  What format are your source clips and sequence (codec, frame rate and pixel dimensions).  Might give us an idea as to what's going on.  You might reset your preferences and delete your caches.  Do some googling for precise instructions for this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same symptoms as you. It happens even when I start a new project and just throw one audio clip in. Hardware accelaration seems DOA. Happens in 2019 and 2020.

Did you recently update your nvidia driver also? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 2
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

initial testing suggests that for me, premiere 2019 works again with nvidia driver 436.48 (and earlier?).

All the 440 and 441 drivers seem to break it. 

But Premiere 2020 still acts broken with this driver. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Premier 2020 being unresponsive with the timeline. It's making it super painful to edit. I am on a Macbook Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 3
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! My export file is really glitchy or it freezes during rendering

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted back to last version 13.1.5 and its much better. I had a Windows 10 update on Thursday and that improved things further, If I try to Export to Media Encoder - Encoder crashes but if I close the file in PPro then Open Encoder and the file then convert to h.264 all seems OK.

Work arounds - but manageable.

I think as time goes on they introduce more and more features without fully testing them, its got to the stage its almost change for change sake.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2019 0