• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premier Pro 2020 and Lenovo W541

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble getting Premier Pro CC 2020 to work right on my Lenovo W541 laptop. It's 32GB Ram, fast processor, NVIDIA Quadro K2100M GPU (2GB, the min necessary VRAM) and intel 4600 onboard graphics. 

I installed latest drivers from Intel and Nvidia and I got an 'Unsupported Drivers" message error for both cards upon starting premiere. The app will start but after using for a few minutes and editing clips (currently editing 4K clips) the video playback rendering gets completely messed up. Choppy, jumps around, freezes, etc. Happens every single time I (try to) edit. Audio tracks work 100% no issues. 

I've tried all the different GPU render acceleration modes to no success. There is a support page on Lenovo with Adobe verified "Nvidia Optimus" drivers, but only for windows 8 and 7. I have windows 10. 

Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks so much for the help! 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what? You have only a 4th-Generation CPU. However, Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 now requires a 6th-Generation or newer CPU just to run properly. Plus, Intel has effectively EOL'd all driver support outside of archived driver releases for all 5th-Generation and older CPUs.

As for your K2100m, driver support is also EOL'd after driver release 418. Premiere Pro 2020 now requires driver release 430 or later in order to enable GPU acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your reply. I guess I am dead in the water if I want to use Premiere Pro. 

Time to look into alternatives. Have a great day and I appreciate your time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has really opened my eyes to how awful Adobe's Creative Cloud is. You are forced into a subscription model, forced into updates, and forced into having an obsolete computer.  Truth is, I could be using Photoshop from 10 years ago and not really missing any features.  Premiere from 5 years ago.  Yet I'm being forced to pay thousands of dollars extra in software and hardware just to continue doing what I did years ago.  I should have bought the last version of non-subscription based Adobe Suite and just kept it running on a Windows 7 or Mac if I knew this was going to happen.

I've come to hate Adobe.  I know that apps like Gimp aren't as good as Photoshop, but it's going to be worth the little bit of pain to know that I'm not sending more money to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, the hardware industry itself is pushing all software companies into doing the exact same thing. Hardware manufacturers have been cutting driver support (and with it, security and compatibility fixes) for all of their products that are more than three or four years old. And old software and drivers are now suffering from security holes that will never be patched at all - not even by their own companies.

And with older systems, don't be surprised if a ton of malware gets into that PC, and that malware will never be removed even with the latest malware removers that are compatible with it. Some of that malware is ransomware, which will force you to pay a ton of money to those crooks just to even get your PC to run well. Most others will simply slow down your PC way down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines