• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premier Pro crashing and freezeing and also Media Encoder Locking up during export.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well recently Adobe Premier Pro has problems, when you go to export it failed 90% of the time freezes after the first 30 seconds of exporting even when using Media Encoder.
Or even worst some times Premier  Pro crashes for no reason just move the mouse or click on something and bam it locks up and some times locks up my Computer where i have to reboot..

This is annoying and i hope Adobe fixes this fast, i had to uninstall premier pro and install an older version of the software for it not to crash.

I can't wor with the new version ADOBE FIX THIS PLEASE!!!

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

The post I am replying to is from early 2021 - and sadly, that same problem still exists as described, in all following versions of Premier Pro to this date (using certain video cards). I am a senior tech at a large school district. One of our labs, are using an older but compatible video card (according to Adobe), has been trying to do a final project in premier, with 30 workstations. 90% to 100% of the students computers crash, after only using premier for a few minutes. Granted, two desktops

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have the same problem. I will install a previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here man! Even tried to re-instal premiere but the problem is still here. Super anoying!!
My customers have to wait for their product and i cant explain whats wrong... 
My laptop doesn't have the problem.. How is this posible?

Awnsers plzzzzzz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd start with updating your video card drivers. If that doesn't work, try rolling back your video card drivers to an earlier version. And if you're using an Nvidia card, make sure you're using the Studio drivers and not the gaming drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback. I have updated my graphics card and am using Nvidia Studio. But I mostly downloaded Premiere 14.7 and will stop updating my apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but after updating NVIDIA card drivers, it fixs!  
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/167762/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That really doesn't fix the problem for most tho, many have updated their drivers and all kinds of things Adobe Premier pro is majorlly bugged really bad..

It needs to be fixed most people are sticking with an older version before the one with the bug, of course until they fix this which could be a while it's been doing this for at least a month..
so i don't expect a fix anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The post I am replying to is from early 2021 - and sadly, that same problem still exists as described, in all following versions of Premier Pro to this date (using certain video cards). I am a senior tech at a large school district. One of our labs, are using an older but compatible video card (according to Adobe), has been trying to do a final project in premier, with 30 workstations. 90% to 100% of the students computers crash, after only using premier for a few minutes. Granted, two desktops in the room, with substantially better graphics cards, do no crash using premier at all. If we roll back the version, it makes no difference. Its been crashing and locking up like this on all those machines for over two years. The video cards are easily maxed out, according to logs. I have been using photoshop professionally for over 30 years, and it never seems problematic. Premier started having issues a couple years ago, and it seems these issues have not been resolved, and possibly carried forward to new versions. It is over a year since the post I am replying to, was not resolved. As a result of the lab issue with premier, we are forced to temp  replace the lab of computers, with substantially higher end desktops with different video cards. 30 students have not been able to do the final grade 12 projects, and possibly switching over to DaVinci to complete the school year. Premier seems to be stable using much more powerful video cards in other labs around our district with ideally workstation cards, or something like the Nvidia 1600 gaming card- definintely on the higher end of video cards appear to be required, but in past, this was not a thing. I could easily render an entire movie on my bargain laptop - sure, it would take a whole day, but it did not lock up or crash. Adobe should update the compatible video card list, or provide a fix for the ongoing issue. 
Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i don't seem to have the problem any more, but maybe that is becuase i'm using a

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER, so that may be the reason it's not happening to me, but again Adobe premier pro use to be loaded with bugs..
How ever they should change some things to make it easier, new featuers or new ways current features work.

one big thing they should fix is, not sure if this happens to every camera but i use the Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 and when i reocrd in FLOG,  and then start to exit in premier pro, and get all my exposure and colors done and then after i export it in H.264 or H.265  and then play the video on a player in windows, the video seems hazy and washed out not anything like it looked in the editor, so to fix this i have to apply the QT Gamma Compensation LUT in the export settings under  effects / lumetri look / LUT, to it for it to look like it looked in the editor.. otherwise it will be all washed out and hazy. This is a stupid but and they need to fix this..

they came out with a LUT called "QT Gamma Compensation" to fix this for mostly MAC and apply users, but i use a PC and it still happens to me..
So i apply the QT Gamma Compensation lut and it brings to close to where i wanted it, but not 100% tho...

For example, when you got multiple clips on your workspace panel when you slide the playhead accross the panal each clip you pass by will get selected, they should be a way to prevent that it's totally annoying..
As i said that is a big bug that should be addressed, i mean we pay every month for this and this has been going on forever, you think they would fix this by now, but NOPE, instead they come up with other stupid fixes that really don't matter..

also when working with masks such as gausian blur mask it should be easier to work with the elipse when you click on it if it's too small you can't get the hand to show up to move it around you have to enlarge the elipse to do that they should fix that also not to be so sensitive to when you want to enlarge or shrink the elipse and instead it creates another point instead of selecting an existing one your triying to enlarge..
also if your trying to edit or cut a specific place on your audio track it should allow you more sensitivity instead of jumping from one frame to the other some times the part you want to cut is inbetween a frame and you can cut it at that point they should fix that so you can...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know, thank you for the update. Kinda cementing some of my comments, where Premier seems to have few problems when using an expensive video card. Again, the list of compatible video cards is incorrect.   
Needs to get resolved, especially when its affecting a few thousands students in one school district, all future Adobe developers and designers? Many are switching to DaVinci as a result. Guessing by this time next year, we will have a new editing suite - and not Premier. It was only a couple years ago, when Premier was one of my favorites. Or maybe Adobe can suggest affordable graphics card models, particularly for student labs, that don't crash with Premier? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines