Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premier Pro Presets

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm currently building a plug in which will exports the rendered file from Adobe Premier Pro to an external asset management system. We have our own specs for rendering, my question is, can I implement all the render specs into my program instead of using a preset EPR file?  I don't want to embed the EPR file path into my program, because the plug in need to be recompiled everytime when the path is changed.

Thank you,

TOPICS
Export , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

You would need to know where those .epr files were; installing them with your plug-in seems like the right approach. 

If you have not yet released your Export Controller, it may be worth your while to investigate implementing as a CEP panel instead. CEP panels can do everything an Export Controller plug-in can, and more. The example panel also includes .epr files as payloads. 🙂

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/tree/master/PProPanel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you building a plug-in (in C++), or a panel (in JavaScript)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the SDK, c++ with visual studio IDE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you writing an Exporter, or an Export Controller? 

If you're writing an Exporter, then .epr files are unnecessary; your plug-in will request rendered frames and audio samples from PPro, and write them out however you like. 

If you're writing an Export Controller, you'll need those .epr files somewhere. I'd recommend installing them somewhere handy on disk, rather than making them part of your plug-in binary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am using Export Controller Plugin, since we have to send the rendered the file to external asset management system over network. So.. we have to use EPR file, and embed the path into my program rather than program each specs into the application. ? Just want to confirm.

Thank you very much,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to know where those .epr files were; installing them with your plug-in seems like the right approach. 

If you have not yet released your Export Controller, it may be worth your while to investigate implementing as a CEP panel instead. CEP panels can do everything an Export Controller plug-in can, and more. The example panel also includes .epr files as payloads. 🙂

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/tree/master/PProPanel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great. I will look into CEP Panel.  Thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines