• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere 14.3.1 does not interpret Canon EOS R5 422 footage properly

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Canon EOS R5 which can shoot video in HEVC or RAW 10-bit 422 format.  Premiere can load all its files fine, but when I examine their properties inside Premiere Pro the HEVC and ALL-I HEVC files show as 10 bit 420 files.  Not 10 bit 422.   The RAW Files don't actually show the color depth or chroma information.  All the files seem to load and edit fine, but it seems to be misinterpreting the 10 bit 422 HEVC files as 420.

Is this a bug, does it affect my color grading, or is this some intentional conversion that Adobe is doing with these files internally?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Hi ruzun,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We're aware of this incorrect interpretation of chroma subsampling and are currently working to get it addressed as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new Canon 1DX-III are similar problems.

Premiere is not used for color grading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ruzun,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We're aware of this incorrect interpretation of chroma subsampling and are currently working to get it addressed as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried davinci resolve for color grading?  there's a pretty amazing free version.  You can edit in premiere (which is a much better editor) export an xml from premiere and import to resolve.  The workflow can be a little tricky and is a sh*tstorm if you have spanned clips but worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I will wait until Adobe fixes this.  It doesn't seem to affect much.  I can still color grade in Adobe and it seems to look fine.  Just not sure it's really being read by Premiere Pro correctly or not.

I dread having to learn a new video editor to be honest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines