Highlighted

Adobe Premiere 14.5 constantly blocked

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on my project since friday and It took me 3 days to finish it when before it takes 4 hours. This Adobe Premiere  Update is a mess. Do you beta test before to send that on the pipe.

I opened premiere and it was already updated to the new version. I started my project and it started to freeze. I cannot look at any preview. I am waiting but don't do anything. So I get out be forcing the shut down.

I open it again, then when I insert a JPG picture the picture is marked "processing" but you can wait hours nothing is changing. So I get out again.

I reopen the project. I include some media and this freeze.

I close and decide to uninstall and reinstall. This work at the beginning and after 20 minutes again blocked. When I try to shut down it says (Not responding) so forcing shut down.

I process some audio file included on my project to be corrected on Adobe Audition. The file is ready but it is not included automatically on Adobe Premiere.

I just finished the project. Now I am trying to screenshot a piece of the video to create the thumbnail and not working. The box is opening, I select the place to record, I select Jpg and I click Ok. Nothing. No picture registered and then freeze again.

Oh my god, I become crazy. Please when you release a new version, be sure this is working or tell us to beta test it if we have some time, because here it is an important project to finish for Monday and I spend the all weekend on it instead of 4 hours. Just because I had to reboot.

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Premiere 14.5 constantly blocked

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on my project since friday and It took me 3 days to finish it when before it takes 4 hours. This Adobe Premiere  Update is a mess. Do you beta test before to send that on the pipe.

I opened premiere and it was already updated to the new version. I started my project and it started to freeze. I cannot look at any preview. I am waiting but don't do anything. So I get out be forcing the shut down.

I open it again, then when I insert a JPG picture the picture is marked "processing" but you can wait hours nothing is changing. So I get out again.

I reopen the project. I include some media and this freeze.

I close and decide to uninstall and reinstall. This work at the beginning and after 20 minutes again blocked. When I try to shut down it says (Not responding) so forcing shut down.

I process some audio file included on my project to be corrected on Adobe Audition. The file is ready but it is not included automatically on Adobe Premiere.

I just finished the project. Now I am trying to screenshot a piece of the video to create the thumbnail and not working. The box is opening, I select the place to record, I select Jpg and I click Ok. Nothing. No picture registered and then freeze again.

Oh my god, I become crazy. Please when you release a new version, be sure this is working or tell us to beta test it if we have some time, because here it is an important project to finish for Monday and I spend the all weekend on it instead of 4 hours. Just because I had to reboot.

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact issue, and it is a nightmare!! But to be more precise this happens with any kinds of  IMAGE files being videos or pictures (in any format or extension). Premiere is unable to process a simple preview thumbnail, not in the file browser, or the project files browser. I can hear the audio of the preview in the video, but everything else gets freeze.

I couldn't find yet a topic or post with a solution. This also started after the update.  Today I updated again to see if they fixed it but don't. This kind of  huge mistakes don't even happen in free softwares. I am about to cancel my sub to Adobe.

As solution, use GIMP and Affinity photo. These are great tools, more stable and free.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that worked for me wqas to go back to version 14.2 and  it works fine so far.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geezmo,

Please try out the workarounds in this FAQ: FAQ: How to solve issues related to undocked panels in Premiere Pro v14.5?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin I will  try that out.

In the meantime, to throw more info my system is a Ryzen 7 1800x, 32 gb RAM 3200mhz and a Gforce 1080ti.

What I've nottticed is this (see screenshot) as soon as I open Premiere. LAV opens multiple trimes and crashes  immediately.

2020-11-07_10h39_00.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0
Geekzmo LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it crashes instantly, as soon as I open my project. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ADOBE! :*(

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi moounir,

Please try out the workarounds in this FAQ: FAQ: How to solve issues related to undocked panels in Premiere Pro v14.5?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin but I went back to the FAQ and there is apparently a 14.6 (Beta) that I cannot find on Adobe Creative Cloud. Then Many are saying to go back to 14.4. So really not an acceptable answer for now.

I am back with another project and still the same issue. I thought after 1 week this will be solved but still nothing.

So I am uninstalling 14.5 and see if I can go to a previous version that is more stable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0