• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere 2020 (Latest Patch) + NVidia RTX 2070 Super + Studio Drivers

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just built a new PC around the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (MSI VENTUS GP OC). I've installed the latest studio driver (456.55), but have tried the next-to-latest as well. Every time I attempt to export an H.264 video from Adobe Premiere (2020 latest patch), the GPU hard-crashes... either freezing my screen or turning it black. My only option is to hard-reboot.

The only way I can successfully export a video is if I disable Adobe's hardware-acceleration... which completely defeats the purpose of having a decent GPU. This seems to be a bad interaction between the GPU / Driver and Adobe's render implementation (though I'm open to other interpretations).

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any thoughts on how to resolve it? Are there known problems with the two most recent studio drivers? Thanks!

TOPICS
Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

For anyone who runs across this in the future... the underlying issue was actually a physical failure in the GPU. The card hard-crashed (presumably overheated) only when under CUDA-induced stress (regular real-time rendering, e.g. OpenGL, worked fine). Replacing the GPU (with an indentical card) solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU probably is heavily overclocked at the factory. You see, factory-overclocked GPUs can, and frequently do, cause major problems in content creation programs.

This is one major reason why I avoid top-of-the-line versions of these GPUs, and instead go for one of the cheaper versions. The cheaper GPUs are much less likely to be so heavily overclocked at the factory. In fact, Studio Drivers might work best on a GPU that's strictly reference-clocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem for about a month now. Adobe support has been no help. I have spent hours with them and each time they run me through the same 5 things to try. I can not export H.264

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhat similiar issue, reference https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/my-entire-premiere-acts-poorly/td-p/11624709

I'd love to hear suggestions folks have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I just had this same situation happen after updating my driver for my 2070 SUPER. What I did was deleted my cache and started from a new project. Worked and hasn't crashed since. Hopefully that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who runs across this in the future... the underlying issue was actually a physical failure in the GPU. The card hard-crashed (presumably overheated) only when under CUDA-induced stress (regular real-time rendering, e.g. OpenGL, worked fine). Replacing the GPU (with an indentical card) solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely not the answer to the problem. I did the same thing and it worked for 1 project and then right back to the same errors 3&9 then crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

je cherche des pluings pour adobe premeier pro 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines