I just built a new PC around the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (MSI VENTUS GP OC). I've installed the latest studio driver (456.55), but have tried the next-to-latest as well. Every time I attempt to export an H.264 video from Adobe Premiere (2020 latest patch), the GPU hard-crashes... either freezing my screen or turning it black. My only option is to hard-reboot.
The only way I can successfully export a video is if I disable Adobe's hardware-acceleration... which completely defeats the purpose of having a decent GPU. This seems to be a bad interaction between the GPU / Driver and Adobe's render implementation (though I'm open to other interpretations).
Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any thoughts on how to resolve it? Are there known problems with the two most recent studio drivers? Thanks!
The GPU probably is heavily overclocked at the factory. You see, factory-overclocked GPUs can, and frequently do, cause major problems in content creation programs.
This is one major reason why I avoid top-of-the-line versions of these GPUs, and instead go for one of the cheaper versions. The cheaper GPUs are much less likely to be so heavily overclocked at the factory. In fact, Studio Drivers might work best on a GPU that's strictly reference-clocked.
I have had the same problem for about a month now. Adobe support has been no help. I have spent hours with them and each time they run me through the same 5 things to try. I can not export H.264
Hey I just had this same situation happen after updating my driver for my 2070 SUPER. What I did was deleted my cache and started from a new project. Worked and hasn't crashed since. Hopefully that works for you.
For anyone who runs across this in the future... the underlying issue was actually a physical failure in the GPU. The card hard-crashed (presumably overheated) only when under CUDA-induced stress (regular real-time rendering, e.g. OpenGL, worked fine). Replacing the GPU (with an indentical card) solved my problem.
This is definitely not the answer to the problem. I did the same thing and it worked for 1 project and then right back to the same errors 3&9 then crash.