• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere 2021 - poor playback on underpowered computer

Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

been a couple of weeks I've upgraded my Premiere to 2021 version and the playback-bug sucks too badly that I decided to downgrade to the 2019 version. Playback is superslow and one can barely see what's going on on the timeline. don't know what the problem was but I finally downgraded to 2019. things usually progress in newer versions, apparently Adobe has decided to regress. this also is evident in new Caption system of premiere pro 2021 which you cannot add two or more captions at the same time in a typical way. 

Mod note: I changed the title to reflect the user's problem. 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your hardware? Each new major version of PrPro needs more and newer gear. Which is a pain, but so do all the other high-end apps.

The new captions process is a major, major upgrade in quite a few ways, and needing modifications for others. They're quite openly talking of it as a work in process and wanting users to chime in on the Premiere Pro Public Beta forum with their results, needs, complaints, and wishes.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil, thank you for your response. I'm on windows 10, core i5 3450 - which i know is not quite high but still works well in premiere 2019 - and Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti + 16 G of RAM. I've seen in a bunch of forums the playback issue is epidemic among users unless the CPU usage of the program. The new caption system had quite good improvements, but I couldn't find a normal way to put more than one caption at once. I had to nest the first one and make another to solve the issue.
Thnx, Ali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it five weeks ago your system performed like mine (video below) but now it does not because of the update. Are you editing H.264? If it used to work and no longer works the Nvenc might have stopped working because of the update. You might need a driver update for your GTX 1050 Ti. That being said your system is about the same as mine but I consider my system to be the bare minimum. You could try to disable the audio input. That works for some people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKBCzCkvBT8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Andy. thank you for takin' your time answerin'. such an informative video. updating the Graphic driver seems like a cool tip. I'll work this out in the meantime. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ali,

I would imagine your playback issue is because your CPU does not meet system requirements. Sorry.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"high-end apps" LOL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere Pro & Avid are the two largest apps for editing pro work at this time. Avid still handles more of the long-form work but the last two years at Sundance, more than 50% of the films submitted were cut in PrPro.

With Avid well below that, and Resolve and FCPx after that.

So no matter what performance any of us individually gets, the top apps are PrPro, Avid, Resolve, and FCPx. With the latter two well below in usage for editing.

Resolve is still the widest used grading app.

So yes, high-end apps all. And all of them are just fancy hammers. A tool.

Use the tool that works best for you, and fits best in your hand. They're all pretty good.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by adding 2 or more captions at the same time?    I find the new caption workflow an amazing timesaver..  but maybe that's my workflow, preparing captions for a documentary for dvd and blu-ray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in fact it is. in many ways it had major improvements, but when it comes to adding two captions at the same time - sometimes you need to add subtitle in two languages - it offers no additional caption track to do so! hopefully I recently found a threat concerning the issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/mulitple-captions-blocks-and-other-major-captions-i...

Adding blocks to the text layer makes this possible, though I'm not pretty sure yet if it fulfills all my needs.
Best, Ali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The multiple blocks is an important tool. But it is a clunky way to add a second language for an entire video.

See "Show Multiple Caption Tracks" in my post here for another workaround:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-controls-to-capti...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many features I've given up trying to use. THEY DON'T WORK! My most reason battle with customer service is that my master styles NEVER STAY! They keep disappearing! I have never EVER been so furious with another piece of software. It's almost ALMOST a scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's so frustrating that Master Styles are project based. So you have to create the blasted thing over ... and over ... if you change projects.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines