• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Cache files with many Users

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I work for a local TV station. We're using Premiere Pro 2020 on Windows based PCs. We have multiple users in the news room edit bays. Adobe Premiere and Encoder saves cache files in 2 user folders:

Premiere Pro: C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files
Encoder: C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Temp

We have the settings in the Media Cache to delete files every 7 days. These cache folders do not get cleaned automatically by Premiere since they're in separate user folders, and it's dependent on the users logging in every 7 days:

USER A logs in and does a project. USER A cache gets cleared on login.
USER B logs in and does a project. USER B cache gets cleared, but USER A project files are still there.

Over a period of time, with many users (up to 35 on one workstation) the individual user caches never get cleared.

Changing the Media Cache location for one user doesn't change it for other users.

Questions:
1. Is there a way to automate the cache-clearing process for all users, rather than just the one currently logged in?
2. Is there a way to change settings so cache folders for each user are in a common folder to help with #1? Preferably on a second hard-drive? As I stated above, chaning the folder in Preferences only changes it for that user, not for all users.

I'm willing to write batch scripts to automate this process, but I'm also looking for another work-around.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?