Highlighted

Adobe Premiere CC 2020 Audio Out of Sync After Export

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project timeline where audio has been synced, but when I export to h.264 or other codecs, it goes in and out of sync at random areas. It doesn't just go out of sync, it comes back in sync again. But in the timeline it is all in sync. What could cause this and how to fix?

TOPICS
Audio, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Premiere CC 2020 Audio Out of Sync After Export

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project timeline where audio has been synced, but when I export to h.264 or other codecs, it goes in and out of sync at random areas. It doesn't just go out of sync, it comes back in sync again. But in the timeline it is all in sync. What could cause this and how to fix?

TOPICS
Audio, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 27, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Just updated OS to Catalina, and updated Premiere and Media Encoder to CC 2020. Audio completely out of sync in exported video file. Timeline is in sync.

Please send help...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so fustrated!!!  I have tried everything I can think of and still having the same problem.  Has anyone found a fix yet?????

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here as well.  All is synced until I export to h.264

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marjiea,

Which camera shot the footage? If you acquired the footage with a mobile device, drone, or screen capture software instead of a camera, kindly optimize your footage by transcoding it prior to editing with it. I recommend ProRes LT.

After that your editing experience and exports have few problems.

Trying to maintain the integrity of a video file from start to finish with H.264 or HEVC files that have a frame rate that is fractional and/or variable instead of 24 fps, or 30 fps or 60 fps is a lot to ask.

One good rule of thumb to follow is:
Optimizing your video files before you begin editing with them, always offers a better result on export. I would ask you to try a test with your current workflow and see if you get a better result.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Kevin!

The footage was recorded using Zoom and a quality headset and microphone on a desktop computer.  The footage plays nicely on the timeline (video and audio are synced), but gets just slightly out-of-sync (just enough to notice) after export.  Could our setup still be the cause?  (didn't use mobile, drone, etc.)

I appreciate your help!  I will try your suggestion to see if it makes a difference.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, that's the problem.  use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate...

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did already check the original/source video with mediainfo and it was constant framerate.  That's why I'm finding this so confusing.

Thanks again for any feedback ... it sure is appreciated!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

October 2020, and I also encountered this very same problem (using Adobe Premiere & Media Encoder CS6 though).
I have tested around a bit and it seems that the "audio out of sync after export problem" happened to me only by Media Encoder Export (Queue). Whenever I exported it directly from Adobe Premiere, it worked just fine. Now I really don't know what the exact problem is/was - does that mean that Media Encoder is just buggy or might there be some RAM related problems if a Media Encoder export is executing while still actively working in Premiere.
Have to admit though, these tests cost me nearly half a day ~ thought it might have been .wav / H.264 problems, fiddled around with bitrate / audio settings, just to get the revelation that Adobe Media Encoder had a problem... I still wish to somehow queue my renders though.

So long story short: If someone could also test with a small clip and verify that exporting via Premiere works just fine, but Media Encoder throws in audio sync problems - that would be very appreciated!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this page as this is a problem which has persisted with my Premiere/Encoder for a good couple of month now and is making it impossible to submit college work from home. 

I did the test you asked for and found that the issue persists on both. The footage was shot at 25fps, I manually selected 25fps on export and this didn't do anything. This issue persists on Encoder and Premiere.

Is this something that I am doing/have done? I really need to know as this puts my college projects on the line. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
-vaco- LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aidan! Thanks for testing this out. In my case, I think that my system reqs might not be "strong" enough to work with Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder together - either not enough RAM or the graphics card is not efficient enough... Who knows. I only know that if I export in Premiere, everything renders just fine.

However, for your case, something must be different in order if that problem also persists with Premiere. Though... Maybe it is the same issue as mine? Have you tried to export with only Premiere open? Because afaik Premiere and Photoshop are applications that use tremendous resources of RAM...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2020 0