Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere encoding/export stuck at 3% - no solutions working yet

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Currently having an issue where encoding my sequence gets stuck at 3% and then Premiere just freezes and shuts. I've read a few threads on here but similar problems but nothing solving it so far. I've tried:

Copying sequence to new window

Using older version of AME 

Changing encoding settings on export

I'm not using any markers so that workaround doesn't fix it either. 

Using:

Dell XPS 15 7590 15.6-inch UHD OLED Silver Intel Core i7-9750H

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 

Let me know if you need any other info please.

Please help! Now have a backlog of 7 videos to export and this has been going on far too long..

Thanks!

TOPICS
Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

512GB SSD 127gb used

I'm editing from a Mypassport 1tb SSD - 80gb used. 

Need anything else?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your more system info? Like RAM, vRAM, Pr version? Also what codec is your footage, what are your sequence settings and what are your export settings? Also a screen grab of your issue will be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Device name DESKTOP-HJVU9SI
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID CB2D6E39-EDA9-4701-B82F-6BF41263DD01
Product ID 00325-81618-50643-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

AME Version 15.1 

Sequence: 59.94fps drop rate timecode

Footage: MOV/H.264 LPCM Long GOP

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

petee,

try to get the exact info of your source material... via mediainfo or something similar.

match those setting exactly when you start your new project in PPro.

choose a better way ( proxy ) to edit the stuff....

( note: mov h264 is hightly compressed and for viewing only, not editing... so the proxy will cache and make it easier for you and the program to deal with the source material. Unfortunately, the file size will get big cause you are basically caching a snail size into a frog size ). Don't worry, you have enough on your drive(s) to deal with caching it which YOU CANNOT SEE... IT'S INSIDE THE COMPUTER.

If you match your source with new project ( I assume 60 fps or 59.97 or something is gonna be close enough ) it should work OK. Don't dump everything all at once into program but just put ONE clip of source stuff in first ( import ). See is that works OK.

the main thing is match the new project settings with the source (with proxy). THEN later on, you can export however you want...

good luck

🙂

otherwise you will be stuck with this back and forth nonsense for the rest of your life cause nobody knows what you got, what you want and what you are doing and what your machinery is like.

hehe... not fun when you just want things to work right but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure to use the Studio Drivers on your Nvidia card. Game Ready drivers have been causing exports to freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines