• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere freezes entire computer, requiring hard restart

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I don't know if other people are experiencing this problem but I've read of similar events with others.  Here's my issue.

Haven't been using Premiere for long, more intensively over the past few days.  What I experience is, no matter really the file or resolution with which I am working, at a random moment, be it closing the program, opening a dialog box, choosing an effect (not these specifically, it can be anything at that particular moment) after working for an inordinate amount of time, the whole program, including my complete system, freezes.  This includes movement of the mouse.  I have to restart the computer completely using the power button each time.  Not sure again if others are experiencing this problem but I'd be interested to know.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super

16 GB (2x8 GSkill Ripjaws)

ASRock B450m a/c

Corsair 650~w power supply

M.2 and a Sata SSD

Would love to hear your input.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all of your fans working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, I don't have any fan issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Thought it was my new CPU+MOBO/Windows install. But I have now concluded this only happens in Premiere Pro. Guessing it might involve the NVIDIA driver? I have a 1070 and the latest GameDriver. What driver are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest Game Ready driver for the 2070 Super!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same GPU. Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Buddy , This is the best solution to the Problem i have found so far i am still trialling it but the best you can do is Install Nvidia STUDIO Driver 460.89 Released on the 12/15/2020

And Revert Your Premiere Pro to 14.4
This has worked for me and it is actually Rendering now,

I have Very similar PC components to you 

Ryzen 7 3800 X-Nvidia RTX2070-16GB RAM 

I think maybe the latest Drivers for each are not corresponding correctly, 

Hope this Helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's not a hardware issue, this is an Adobe issue.  It just happened again after doing some color editing - while in the editor with FilmConvert, on the color wheels.

I would prefer to keep the Game Ready drivers if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're using a thirdparty plug-in and assume the problem is Premiere?  It may well be, but wouldn't make that assumption.  And although I understand you want to keep the game ready drivers, might want to see if changing it solves the problem.  And by any chance are you using screen captures?  That could be the source of your problem.  Many screen capture programs record with a variable frame rate which premiere does not handle well.

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is likely that you installed the Game ready driver (not recommended for content creators), uninstall it, and install NVIDIA STUDIO DRIVER, I had the same problem here, I changed the driver and it worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exact same problem. freezes at any time. and with media encoder too.

I am beginning to suspect that it could be incompatibility with the last nvidia drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unistall Nvidia drivers from Thu Jan 07, 2021
Install the nvidia drivers from Tue Dec 15, 2020

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/
All good for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report, MAV Drone!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grant,

Try running NVIDIA Studio drivers, not the gamer ones. If that is still not working, roll back a version. Report back after doing so.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue. All drivers are up to date and am using the Nvidia Studio Driver, not the Game Ready Driver. Have tried reverting to different versions of Premiere Pro in combination with different Nvidia drivers but none have stopped this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  Did something change recently?   Does this happen when you launch premiere or while you're working.   Do you have any peripherals connected except for mouse and keyboard?  

Lot's of things to try, but we need some basic info.  

Since the solutions provided earlier in this thread are not helping you, might be a good idea to start a new thread...  If you do, post a link here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have the same problem. My computer crash/freeze only when Adobe Premiere Pro working.

SPECS:

Intel i9-9940x 

Asus Prime Deluxe II

EVGA Geforce RTX 3090

128 GB Corsairs

EVGA 1000W Gold

2 M.2 and 6 SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never easy to diagnose these issues from a distance so you need to approach this in a systematic fashion.  did you try everything mentioned earlier in this thread?  and answer the questions in my previous post "Did something change recently?   Does this happen when you launch premiere or while you're working.   Do you have any peripherals connected except for mouse and keyboard?"   You might  try creating a new user with administrator privileges and sign in to that account and see if that makes any difference.  Lots. of questions to answer and stuff to try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have used Premiere Pro since 2020 and I just started getting this issue yesterday. Recently, I've been doing a lot of intensive editing within Premiere, more so than I have in the past. It seems to have been working very well until now.

My PC specs are as follows:

Intel i7-12700K 

RTX-3060 6GB (Laptop GPU)

32GB DDR5 RAM

1TB SSD

I am running the latest NVIDIA studio driver, which is version 531.61. As I said, the problem never happened before until yesterday. Today it has happened twice within one hour. It's the exact same as the original author's problem; it happens at random while I'm working and the only way to get out of it is by force restarting via the power button. 

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked for an overheating issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't. How might I check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and install the Classic (free) version of this (not the Pro version):

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I tried this. I'm not entirely sure what is normal but I found my CPU idling at around 70-80 degrees celsius, and when rendering it was at around 90. Interestingly it peaked to 100 after I cancelled the render which I'd been doing to test this. 

After restarting my computer several minutes ago, it's now peaking up to 100 before going back down to the aforementioned levels, with nothing but this Chrome tab I'm typing in open. So it seems my laptop might be running a bit hot. 

I'd be surprised if there was a hardware issue though as I just purchased this laptop new in August of 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CPU idling at around 70-80 degrees celsius, and when rendering it was at around 90. Interestingly it peaked to 100

By @Beckwith407 Productions

That is definitely running too hot.

I'd be surprised if there was a hardware issue though as I just purchased this laptop new in August of 2022.

By @Beckwith407 Productions

Check the ventilation slots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an issue on the 4080 with the latest geforce game driver, premiere freezes when i access the geforce now experience. Freezes the entire computer so there is conflict between the gpu drivers and adobe premier software, please fix this bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines