Highlighted

Adobe Premiere not allowing drag and drop

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this happening in Photoshop about a year ago but restarting the program usually fixed it. Now it is happening in Adobe Premiere.

Usually I like to have a very clean media library while working on a project and often times I will create a new sequence and then drag and move that sequence into a new folder. Premiere no longer allows me to drag a file anywhere. I cant even drag it into the timeline. It also does not allow me to drag files from Windows Explorer into my media library like it is suppose to. 

Another thing I noticed is that quick keys stopped working. If I press the delete key, nothing happens. I have to right click a file and then select "clear" in order to delete something from the media library. 

I have tried restarting the program, restarting the computer and uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing has fixed the problem. It happened a couple days ago but was fixed by restarting. Now nothing I do fixes the problem.

Is this a bug in the new update? 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Premiere not allowing drag and drop

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this happening in Photoshop about a year ago but restarting the program usually fixed it. Now it is happening in Adobe Premiere.

Usually I like to have a very clean media library while working on a project and often times I will create a new sequence and then drag and move that sequence into a new folder. Premiere no longer allows me to drag a file anywhere. I cant even drag it into the timeline. It also does not allow me to drag files from Windows Explorer into my media library like it is suppose to. 

Another thing I noticed is that quick keys stopped working. If I press the delete key, nothing happens. I have to right click a file and then select "clear" in order to delete something from the media library. 

I have tried restarting the program, restarting the computer and uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing has fixed the problem. It happened a couple days ago but was fixed by restarting. Now nothing I do fixes the problem.

Is this a bug in the new update? 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem, all of a sudden, on a project where everything worked until yesterday. Suddenly I can't drag still images onto the timeline and the delete key doesn't work. Other projects behave normally. This one has maybe 30-40 still images and graphics, and a couple of AE sequences - nothing heavy. Running the updated app on a 2014 Macbook Pro with Catalina and 16 Gb memory, with plenty of headroom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By any chance is this with Premiere Pro 14.5 and involves undocked panels and/or workspaces across multiple monitors? If so, please se this FAQ: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-solve-issues-related-to-undocked-panels-in-pr...

These issues should be fixed in Premiere Pro 14.6 Beta 045, which is now available for download in Creative Cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, all of the bove for me. Frustrating to hit this suddenly late in a project.

How do I get the beta mentioned above?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Creative Cloud, look to the left and you will see a section named, "Beta apps" Click on that and you should see Beta versions. The Beta version will install separately from 14.5, so it should not interfere with what you already have installed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it; thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0