• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere not responding to clicking anywhere, cant open tabs

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on some video interviews for work. I filmed it all in 4K using a Lumix G85 and a Nikon D850, not sure if that matters, but they're big files.

I am running a Ryzen 7, Windows 10, 16gb Ram, Nvidia RTX 2070, so its a beefy computer

I am using the latest version of Premiere but the last day and a half whenever I do anything on the screen it stops responding to the clicks. It doesn't freeze, it just acts as if I didn't click.

For example, I go to the color lumetri tab but when I click, nothing happens. Or if I click on the clip and try to change the scale in the motion tab, the motion tab doesn't open. I try clicking and it won't register is until I do a ctrl+s and then it registers ONLY the next click and then does it all again. 

I don't know if anyone is running into this same problem? Someone help haha.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

If the timeline contains nested clips, delete the audio part: see how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup! Got the same problem here. Ive started working on a project like 2 weeks ago and everything was fine. Since yesterday I am experiencing the same clicking bug wich appears mostly on the timeline. Its beyonde usability. Im frustrated and will probably not be able to finish my project in time!!! 

This is what I tried to fix it:

- restarting computer

- resetting premiere settings

- reinstalling premiere 

- changing windows skaling 

- deleting media cache 

nothing seems to work!

Im working with a I9 64GB RAM and trying to edit Panasonic GH5 4K footage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it's not just me. 

I tried:

restarting

Installing the previous version

Updated drivers

Praying haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the timeline contains nested clips, delete the audio part: see how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW how did that fix it? xD I'm amazed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive had a nested audio with added effects. After deleting the nested Audio and applying the effects directly on my audio file everything went back to normal!!! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOAH dude that fixed it!! how did you figure it out? Thanks so much for this, it litterally saved my project which is due in the morning...God bless you!! 🙌🙌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appears randomly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. What solved the problem on my timeline was to suppress all the titles I created with the text tool. If it can help someone..
Looks like that same bug can have several causes.
Someone else solved the problem by hiding audio waveform (which didn't work for me).
Premiere pro CC2021 version 15.4 on MacOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey. What solved the problem on my timeline was to suppress all the titles I created with the text tool. If it can help someone..
Looks like that same bug can have several causes.
Someone else solved the problem by hiding audio waveform (which didn't work for me).
Premiere pro CC2021 version 15.4 on MacOS

By @-Antoine--

This was a particular issue Premiere 15.2 and earlier on windows. Fixed in 15.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines