• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Premiere Pro Makes my Imac reboot when I import files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a serious problem with my imac. Every time I import video files from my Panasonic Lumix S1H, the computer reboots. Anyone knows what can it be?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you transcode to Apple ProRes422LT?  (You could use HQ, but since it's H265 I'd probably go LT).

Of course, since PR causes a restart (think it's a Kernal Panic?), I'm thinking to try Media Encoder, Final Cut Pro X, Resolve, or Compressor to transcode it prior to importing it into Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to make a clip available, I'm happy to try importing on my end to see if I get the same unexpected results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is just not one single clip.. It is random. It happens wıth Media encoder as well. So transcoding with ME is not an option. Also it is just a workaround. The real question is why did this problem start..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been having the exact same problem for a month now, I’ve tried so many different things and nothing seems to stop the random reboots. Do you have any updates or solutions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all these steps I decided to install a fresh copy of everything. So far no reboots.

I will update again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think these files are on the Supported files for import helpx page (Help Doc), nor have I hard support announced at all. I would be ready for workaround until the format is supported. Sorry, kbirand.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue – same computer, same camera. 

I recently got the Canon R5 and never had this happen prior to working with this footage which leads me to believe it has to do with the fotoage the camera is producing.

It seems the issue was never resolved? Have you had any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution that I found was to refund my R5.. And reformat my system and got rid of all R5 files. I think it is a problem related to 4:2:2 H265 files that how Canon encodes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to nake some clips available, I'm happy to test if I can reproduce the same results.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've downloaded some sample clips and will report back as to what happens.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines