• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro 15 Captions Still Messed Up

Engaged ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sat down to use the new Captions approach in PPRO 2021 (15) and just like its predecessors, it's messing up. I have my 708 captions set to white text with black background, but there's nothing there. Just white type over the video.
Please, does anyone know why this happening? It's been happening to me off and on for years now.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

So it is as if the background is missing? It appears to me that the default is a transparent background. Make sure that you have BOTH a color selected (e.g. Black) and. at the bottom of the list, Opaque, if that is what you intend. It is odd that the only indicator, once the selection is made, is the color. There is no indication of what transparency setting is made.

But that is the same system that was used in PR 2020.

If that is not the issue, please provide a screenshot of your timeline a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it is as if the background is missing? It appears to me that the default is a transparent background. Make sure that you have BOTH a color selected (e.g. Black) and. at the bottom of the list, Opaque, if that is what you intend. It is odd that the only indicator, once the selection is made, is the color. There is no indication of what transparency setting is made.

But that is the same system that was used in PR 2020.

If that is not the issue, please provide a screenshot of your timeline and the Essential Graphics panel with the caption selected.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen capture. You can see that the text is set to White and background is set to Black.

captionproblem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah! Actually you just solved my problem.

I looked at the bottom of the Background Color list and there were settings for opaque and transparent.

I don't understand why they are grouped into an array for background color, but apparently you can select 2 things in the list: opaque and black.

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent!

I find it odd that I never noticed how easy that would be to miss.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines