Highlighted

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 crashing on startup

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a crash report everytime I open Premiere Pro 2020, and it closes automatically. After Effects works but it also generates a crash report on startup.

These are my pc specs:

Windows 10 Home

Intel Core i5-4460U CPU @ 3.20 GHz

RAM 8,00 GB

64 bit OS

AMD Radeon R9 270x

I attached the crash report below.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 crashing on startup

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a crash report everytime I open Premiere Pro 2020, and it closes automatically. After Effects works but it also generates a crash report on startup.

These are my pc specs:

Windows 10 Home

Intel Core i5-4460U CPU @ 3.20 GHz

RAM 8,00 GB

64 bit OS

AMD Radeon R9 270x

I attached the crash report below.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some clues in there. Right near the top it says "Memory failed." Is it possible you have bad RAM?

I would also add that your computers specs are rather low; an i7 would be better for editing and 8GB RAM is the bare minimum (I would have at least 16GB). 

HTH,

JVK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the RAM is bad at all. And as far as I'm concerned, these computer specs are more than sufficient to run the program. The pc performs perfectly well in a wide variety of tasks, including games with high quality graphics. I've had worse computers that can run Premiere and the minimum requirementes according to Adobe's website are 8 GB RAM and a 2 GB VRAM GPU, which I do have. I can edit perfectly well in After Effects and Photoshop works perfectly fine, so it doesn't make sense to me that the RAM would be bad.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This report is not from an Intel system, it's from an AMD system. Did you somehow find and upload an error report from another system?

System Information:
Processor Architecture: PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64
Number of processors: 4
Processor type: PROCESSOR_AMD_X8664
Processor level: 6
Processor revision: 15363

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's extremely odd! The file I uploaded is the last one that appeared in my desktop, as a crash file is created everytime I start Premiere. My motherboard is an ASUS (H81M-K) and my GPU an is AMD (Radeon R9 270x). But my microprocessor is certainly an Intel i5. I can start the program again and send a new crash report but I'm very confused so far

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone else had a similar issue, take a look here:

https://community.amd.com/thread/240586

Your error report is showing this as well:

Application Specific Information:
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\igdrcl64.dll

According to the above thread, there's an issue with an out of date DLL file. The other user reenabled his onboard GFX chip in the BIOS, ran the Intel driver update and it updated that DLL file and resolved his issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't use my onboard GPU since I have an AMD graphics card so I don't see how this would fix it. I'll still try to update the motherboard (haven't done that yet) and GPU drivers (there's a new driver update available).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user in that thread didn't use it either, he had to specifically enable it in order to update it. But for whatever reason, it resolved his issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0