Highlighted

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 LUTs not Applying; Installed in Lumetri

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I recently purchased a LUTs package from Bounce Color a few weeks ago and they were working perfectly fine for my project in Adobe Premiere Pro 2018.

I upgraded to Premiere 2020 earlier this week and had no issues continuing editing my project (I did reinstall my LUTs again into the Creative and Technical folders). After updating the 2020 version with the recent update (v.14.3), I noticed that although my LUTs still show up in the drop down menu, most of them don't work (they won't show in the preview window and applying them shows no changes to the clip). The LUTs are named for example JUNGLE, JUNGLE+, JUNGLE-... Only the JUNGLE LUT actually works in Premiere, the other versions named +/- show up on the dropdown but don't work. 

I've tried reinstalling Premiere, deleting the LUTs and reinstalling them into their respective folders and nothing seems to work. I will note that when I click the "Browse" option for Lumetri LUTs, I can select the individual LUTs .cube file and apply it to the clip and that does work (much more tedious process than what I had before).

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R_Neil_Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Not exactly sure ... do the ones with a + or - work ... or not work?

Might change the names. I do rename mine to organize them, and think about it. This is done by computer alphanumeric process, right?

01 A Low Sat Hi Contrast

01 B Low Sat Low Contrast

08 A Cyan Shadows Yellow Mids

Notice that there's a two-digit number prefix, space (for visual clarity) ... then a letter.

That is what I use to organize my LUTs, and of course, they all show up before the included ones that I rarely use.

Neil

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 LUTs not Applying; Installed in Lumetri

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I recently purchased a LUTs package from Bounce Color a few weeks ago and they were working perfectly fine for my project in Adobe Premiere Pro 2018.

I upgraded to Premiere 2020 earlier this week and had no issues continuing editing my project (I did reinstall my LUTs again into the Creative and Technical folders). After updating the 2020 version with the recent update (v.14.3), I noticed that although my LUTs still show up in the drop down menu, most of them don't work (they won't show in the preview window and applying them shows no changes to the clip). The LUTs are named for example JUNGLE, JUNGLE+, JUNGLE-... Only the JUNGLE LUT actually works in Premiere, the other versions named +/- show up on the dropdown but don't work. 

I've tried reinstalling Premiere, deleting the LUTs and reinstalling them into their respective folders and nothing seems to work. I will note that when I click the "Browse" option for Lumetri LUTs, I can select the individual LUTs .cube file and apply it to the clip and that does work (much more tedious process than what I had before).

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R_Neil_Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Might change the names. I do rename mine to organize them, and think about it. This is done by computer alphanumeric process, right?

01 A Low Sat Hi Contrast

Notice that there's a two-digit number prefix, space (for visual clarity) ... then a letter.

That is what I use to organize my LUTs, and of course, they all show up before the included ones that I rarely use.

Neil

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do NOT ever, ever put your LUTs in the program/package folder locations! That is accessed not by name but by "relative" location ... say, fifth item down sorted in computer alphanumeric order.

Use the proper location for adding LUTs ... shown in the chart below, noting that you need to create the last folder in each location, the Technical and Creative folders.

Neil

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in the past (for Adobe Premiere 2018) I simply added the LUTs to the Creative and Technical folders for the Adobe Premiere Pro folder/Lumetri and they worked beautifully.

Reinstalled Adobe Premiere (also went ahead and removed the custom LUTs from the Adobe Premiere 2020/Lumetri/LUTs/Creative folder). I made a new Creative and Technical folders from the suggested chart (all under Common) and placed all the new LUTs there. Still encountering the same issue. My new GoPro LUTs show up on the dropdown menu and only the normal LUTs (e.g. JUNGLE, COLDBLUE) work fine and even show in the Preview. The other LUTs (e.g. JUNGLE+, JUNGLE-, COLDBLUE+, etc.) do show up in the drop down menu but they do not show properly on the preview nor do they actually work when I try to apply them.

When I manually browse for the LUT via Input LUT under Basic Corrections or Creative, they work perfectly fine (again, very tedious workflow but this does work as intended). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
35m ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

Maybe I'm just a n00b, but I'm having trouble locating the file path listed above in my macbook. WHen I go into users, I only fins "applications" not "application support". Any advice would be helpful!

Best,

Luke

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
35m ago 0
luke37 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
33m ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind I googled it and was able to track it down LOL. Yup, just a n00b 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
33m ago 0
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete everything in your Premiere cache files, then relaunch, see if that fixes the thing.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried clearing the cache and still encountering the same issue. All my LUTs show on the dropdown menu but only the ones not titled with a + or - won't preview on the Preview window nor apply to the clip when I select them (I have to use the Browse function on the drop down menu to actually apply the LUT to the clip). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 1
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

01 A Low Sat Hi Contrast

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ones with + or - show on the dropdown but don't work for the preview nor when I actually try to apply them to a clip.They only work when I manually browse for them.

I actually did see that in one of your other posts lol) when I was searching for solutions. I'll give the numbering a shot! Will post results soon. Might try removing the +/- too if the numbering doesn't work initially. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 2
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm wondering if the "+/-" in the file names is screwing these up. Maybe those are now illegal characters in the new version of Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally got it to work. So I went back into the new folders created (as suggested earlier - Creative folder under Common) and I changed the titles of the LUTs, for example:

01 GoPro COLDBLUE

02 GoPro COLDBLUE+

03 GoPro COLDBLUE-

And voila, that did the trick. The previews show in the drop-down menus like before in the older Premiere version and apply to the videos perfectly when I choose to. I'm guessing the alpha-numeric order of the LUTs greatly affects how Premiere pulls in the LUTs for their menus. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 3