• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe premiere Pro 2020 quit unexpectedly (macOS Big Sur 11.3)

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to edit, after some seconds from opening my project, Pr pops a window of an error

(image #1).

Then after clicking accept it pops up the mac window (image #2)

I'm sorry it's in spanish, let me traduce it:

An error has occured

It has generated a crash report. Click ok "Send report" to help us

analize the cause of the crash/problem and explore solutions.

[Box] Adobe can contact me in case there were corrections and solutions in......

Send Report

Don't send

Mac Spec's

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

CPU 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5  two cores

RAM 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

GPU Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Storage 500 GB/ 196 GB available

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you to try the following - 

1. To reset Premiere pro  preferences, follow this step:
    • Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching Premiere Pro. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears.
      To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Shift-Alt (Windows) or Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the Shift-Alt keys or Shift-Option keys when the splash screen appears.
  2. Go to File > Project settings > General > Video Rendering & PlayBack > Change to mercury playback engine Software only.
  3. Try updating the Premiere Pro 2021 version maybe the 2020 version has issues with macOS Big Sur 11.3. I am currently using Premiere Pro 2021 ver. 15.2 on macOS Big Sur 11.3 and it's working perfectly fine for me.  

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Vishu Aggarwal I just started having this same problem and the Shift-Option on startup worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines