• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 Crash During Editing + Freeze During Export Upon AMD Ryzen 5950X Upgrade

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few weeks ago I upgraded my graphics card to the NVidia GeForce RTX 3090. My processor at the time was the AMD Ryzen 3900x, and everything worked perfectly. From rendering to editing, I never had a problem.  My friend got his hands on the Ryzen 5950x so I decided to upgrade it once again. Upon upgrading to the new processor, my Adobe Premiere began to experience crashing while editing, it was a crash where my mouse would not be able to move, and my entire screen would freeze. I would then have to power off my computer and re open Adobe Premiere... and resume my work like before. Another issue I began to have was during the export process. Whether I would choose to render with Adobe Media Encoder or through Adobe Premiere itsself, occasionally the exportation would pause (even though no pause button was pushed) and I would have to end the process through task manager and try again. Any idea what could be causing this? Do I need to downgrade to my old processor again?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

The problem in all the posts in this thread is the GPU driver. The latest Nvidia "game-ready" drivers are the cause.

Simply go to the Nvidia website, select the latest STUDIO driver, and do a clean install. A few users have needed to go back one version of the Studio driver, but most machines (and mine) went back to normal operation with the latest Studio driver.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start a new thread, please ... give your data for what's happening, the hardware you have, the media & effects in use. We'll help sort it all out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil - your answer solved my problem!

Cheers

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sick of not being able to export in premiere pro 2021 everytime I hit export then media it crashes.  If it's not fixed soon I'm going to look for another video editing software 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as I can tell, you're new to this thread.  Have you tried any of the suggestions?   I'd suggest you start a new thread as the original post is "solved"

Have you checked to make sure your hardware meets the minimum specs

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

We need some info if we're going to be able to help

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card

and your source properties and sequence settings.

And have you tried smart rendering which will help you isolate the problem if it's a specific problematic clip

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488?page=1

And realize that EVERY piece of professional editing software has bugs...  I've been working with a variety of different software for 30 years...  this is the voice of experience speaking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me thw answer was downgrading to adobe premiere pro version 14.4 I have both a 3090 and Ryzen 5900x. You will have to uninstall your current version, go to the creative cloud and click the 3 dots next to adobe premiere pro to install a downgraded version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe spended 4 hours in control of my computer and installed the latest driver of GeForce for RTX. I have a GeForce Titan X Pascal video card. I have AMD Ryzen 3900x and like you I worked fine in the morning and at 11.30 the screen freezed, no more reaction on mouse clicks. And to power off tthe computer. Adobe did not solve the problem, rolled back two updates. I had to start from zero, after two hours crashed again. I had to pick up an old project and modify the old project. Next day the same problem with a new project, crashed and freezed after two hours. Had to pick up an old simliar project and start modifying, and completed. I am a new customer since three months, I need it because of green screen, but the green screen is very, very instable. My green screen is stable under recording. However, starting in Premiere Pro, the program is not stable during the 20-30 minutes. You set at the beginning, but Premiere Pro changes it to a different black at the end. Although when select keying Ultra Key, I get the same green screen (logically because the green screen conditions are the same), but Premiere Pro changes and do not have a good dark but pixalated greening. Also when applying the background, it is flikkering. Looking on the internet, many people are having problems with this program. So really I do not understand how professional people are able to work with this rubbish program. And person of Adobe who do not know to solve problems and Adobe having bugs at updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines