• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro and NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I see report on incompatible driver of NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M when program starting with recommendation to set update - version 430.86.

But, this version is incompatible with GeForce GT 540M, so, when I/m trying to fing newest wersion of  driver at https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us page, also there're no proper driver.

So, what can I do to fox this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly you cannot fix this: card is now obselete.

Or revert to 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but can you clarify how to

"revert to 2019" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download previous version as in Premiere Pro 13.1.5 from CC desktop app.

That might work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have GT 540M. On your advice, I installed AP 13.1.5 , but I have the same error. In addition to this, I got a red stripe over the timeline.
Please explain in more detail which version of Premiere and which version of drivers should be installed.

IMG_20210106_133327.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately its the end of the line for this gpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is already the end of the line for that GT 540M and all other Fermi-generation GPUs. Driver support had already been terminated for that series of GPUs - de facto in March 2018, officially in January 2019. It is also unfortunate that the very last version of Premiere Pro that was compatible with your GPU is now no longer available at all (officially).

A future version of Premiere Pro may no longer install at all on any system whose hardware is either incompatible or obsolete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here earlier wrote that the version of Premiere Pro 13.1.5  is compatible with this video adapter. I installed it but got the same error. Please tell me which version of Adobe Prime and which version of the video card driver can I use with this video card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Even 13.1.5 is not compatible with that GT 540M. The last version that was compatible with Fermi, Version 12.x.x (aka CC 2018), is now no longer officially available anywhere (via the Creative Cloud desktop app).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to Premire Pro version 13.1.5 but have the same error. Which version of the AP and video driver should I go back to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Direct Download Links https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl MAY help
-you MUST do what it says in Note: Very Important Instructions
-https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions

When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to at least one external device
-a usb flash drive or hard drive, or write to a DVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the links and instructions.

Tell me, does the GF540M need AP version 2015 and older? No newer versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, the 2015 version was already deleted from the Adobe servers. Completely gone.

The 2018 (12.0.0) might still be available, and it was the last version of Premiere Pro that was compatible with that GT 540M.

At any rate, I wouldn't want to continue using that laptop at all for video editing because that GT 540M is a slower-clocked version of a GPU that began life as the desktop GeForce GT 430 from 2010 - a quite lousy performer even by the standards of way back then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines