Highlighted

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 no mask edges any help?

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The edges of my masks are missing. I tried all the solutions from previous threads (older versions). New user, change display, rename folder, etc. (edges temporary appear when I click on the + sign for the button editor, but disappear right when i close the add button menu), etc. The edges of the mask are gone. Makes it hard to impossible to use masks. Anybody has a fix for it? I uninstalled it, reinstalled it as well. Works fine when I downgrade to 2018. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 no mask edges any help?

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The edges of my masks are missing. I tried all the solutions from previous threads (older versions). New user, change display, rename folder, etc. (edges temporary appear when I click on the + sign for the button editor, but disappear right when i close the add button menu), etc. The edges of the mask are gone. Makes it hard to impossible to use masks. Anybody has a fix for it? I uninstalled it, reinstalled it as well. Works fine when I downgrade to 2018. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Direct manipulation handles on video layers, including mask control points, are known to not appear on Windows Premiere Pro when the Windows OS Display settings has the "Scale and layout" option set to something other than the one that has the "(Recommended)" notation. For many, the 100% setting is the one that fixes this issue in Premiere. A fix for this issue is in progress by the Premiere Pro development team.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2018 1
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my display settings are set to the recommended scale and layout (recommended is 125% btw). I changed it to 100% (not recommended) and it is still not working. The edges stopped working with the update to 2019. Ok I guess I wait until the fix and keep on using 2018 version

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other things that I can suggest at this point are just general trouble shooting steps; install the latest OS updates and display driver. Still no luck than try deleting Premiere's pref files. I'm sorry, and surprised, to hear that the Windows OS Display Settings change did not address the problem for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same issue, but managed to figure out how to fix it. What you need to do is go to Panel group settings, then click Stacked panel group and thats it! You should see the blue outlines.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2019 1
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved it for me aswell. right click the Program panel tab and set it to Stacked panel group. Then resize the window and your on your way. This is a weird kind of bug and hope it will get solved soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2019 1
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one way to show the blue edges in adobe premier and there will be another video

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0