• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro CC freezes when entering nested sequences to edit

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start a project, create a sequence inside a sequence, it freezes Adobe Premiere playhead. Sometimes going back to the sequence I was in before, and re-entering fixes the bug. But this is unworkable. I need help.

1 on 1 support has been produced zero results. They simple reinstall Premiere or clear cache, media, etc. and it never solves anything. Just makes me have to re set up Premiere.

Video of problem in action.

https://youtu.be/JI7muqU9oYY

Intel Core i9-9900 CPU @ 3.60GHz

64GB Ram

Nvidia RTX 2070

GPU (Latest Studio/Creator Drivers -

I have tried gaming drivers, they have same issue)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

I have had the timeline freeze with nested clips.

Deleted the audio part and Premiere went back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Premiere Pro forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had to go back to 12.1.2  (2018) to fix this.

And SO far it seems to be working.  So this is an official bug for the last few versions. 

Maybe something to do with Z390 Gigabyte/Designare motherboard or i9 processor? Not sure. But SO far so good. Will test more thorougly tomorrow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your frustration.  I'm on the mac so all I can do is throw some questions out.  What format are your sources, codec, pixel dimensions, frame rate and what are your sequence settings?  Have you tried working with lower resolution proxies?  Have you tried lowering the program monitor playback resolution?  what version of premiere are you working with?  Maybe try premiere cc 2018 and see if you see the same behavior.  Are you seeing this behavior in other projects?  Maybe try a very simple project with just a few clips in it and see if you see the same behavior...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not even going to bother anymore with the current version. I have spent hours (over 10 hours) over the months with Adobe Support 1 on 1, they've done the same things everytime, doesn't fix anything. Wastes my time. They esclate my issue (on phone to senior tech team) and say they'll call back --- they have NOT called me back. 

All I can do is hope they don't force update me to a newer version, and keep this going.

To sum it up.. HEY ADOBE, YOU HAVE A MAJOR BUG in your versions after 12.1.2 --- something you did, has royally screwed up these additional versions for at least GTX 1070 and RTX 2070, if not simply i7/i9, or Z390 motherboard setups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if you fixed it yet but i was having the same problem and if you put another clip in and then delete it, it works. i dont know how or why but it must give it a wake up call or something. i tried a bunch of things too but when i accidentally put in another clip in, I moved my mouse and it wasnt frozen anymore. i just did it again where i nested a nest and then it froze and i was like bruh but then i checked this weird hack thing and it worked again!! all i did was go to projects and pick any of the thumbnails and put it in and then deleted it (not undo!! it might work if you do undo but idk so im not gonna try to fix whats not broken yknow) but yea then it worked because i thought of you because i was looking stuff up too so i hope you will see this and its not too late even though this was from 2019 rip sorry. i literally came across this method by accident and i didnt find any other source that said do this so it might just be mine but who knows lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i meant but then** not because

if you couldnt tell i was typing fast 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so it just froze again and putting a new clip in didnt workk so instead i double tapped the nest and then went into it and played it and then went back to the full video like out of the nest and then it was fine?? weird stuff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the timeline freeze with nested clips.

Deleted the audio part and Premiere went back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just worked for me. Deleting the audio was the answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried deleting the audio to see if would nest for me and it still froze and crashed on me; I literally don't know what else to try and fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to delete the Audio Nest, not just the audio inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and this should be the solution? Its so frustrating that this Software just wont work sometimes! Like with the Nested audio clip - never had issues and now its freezing everything! If i want to go to a older version i cant open it - lol!

For the first months i was happy with this cloud. but with more and more time more and more become a mess.. Please Adobe, ask me again if i would recommend your stuff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines