• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro CC Sudden Black Video

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a video in Adobe premiere. I finished editing all the video and added the transitions. Then I added the voice over. It was working perfectly but then I added the background music and it caused all of my video to go black. If I add new video to the sequence it will play but none of my video will work. Please help, I do not want to have to redo all of my work. All of the audio is completely fine.

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Under File --> Project Settings --> General. There is a pull-down menu labeled "Video Rendering and Playback"

Change it to Software Engine Only and let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your sequence timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a larger image.  Zoom in a bit so we can see the names of the video and audio clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Video will just cut out completely.

Can you switch to software acceleration under Project Settings and report back if it works? I believe this is an ongoing graphics card problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not find that option in Project Settings. Also, I tried the render and replace on one of the clips and it worked but it took a really long time. I think I may try it for the whole project, because even my titles are not showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under File --> Project Settings --> General. There is a pull-down menu labeled "Video Rendering and Playback"

Change it to Software Engine Only and let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was having the same issue and that fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JenBlueStarGinger,

Did you figure it out or do you still need help with this?

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here: black preview window. Need to work, will edit now in DaVinci which works flawless and cancel my adobe subscription now forever!!!

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro

Intel i9-9900K

128GB RAM 

2x RTX 2060 super

1 TB M.2

2 TB M.2 Cache

All the newest drivers and versions installed (02.11.2020)

AND NO I WON´T TURN OFF CUDA!!! BECAUSE I BOUGHT MY 10K EDITING PC TO HAVE THE PERFECT EDITING EXPERIENCE FOR ME AND SAVE TIME FOR MY CLIENTS!!! AND NOT TO DISCOVER THAT I COULD´VE STICKED TO MY 2010 LAPTOP BECAUSE THE SOFTWARE IS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Everything was working then Premiere said I needed to update my video driver. I did so and now premiere is showing a black window when I try to play video... sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same issue. No idea what causes it. Editing for days just fine on the same project then suddenly everything will go black for a time.

I can get where eigenartfilmproduktion is coming from in not wanting disable CUDA. So far switching to software preview and software render has been the only solution for us. Very frustrating that Premiere can't leverage the full potential of our brand new editing setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, it's so fraustrating!!

I can't finish my project!

Please any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this thread running into the black screen issue on multiple times despite up to date drivers and running a powerful machine. I completely agree with you! I'm done with Premiere also and not continuing my Adobe subscription because of constant unreliability of the programme and crashes. It's not a fun experience working with Premiere and it feels completely unprofessional using it now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix my black window by selecting all my video clips and right clicking on one, and unchecking 'Adjustment Layer'.  I suppose I accidentally turned that on?  I don't know, it works for me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so muchh! I accidentally turned that on! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Man, you rock! Saved my day, I was going to shout bad words to Adobe! It worked like a spell! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, just ran into this as well. Software Rendering doesn't fix. Transitions show but the clip doesn't. Currently doing gymnastics with re-rendering the problem clips (HEVC?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK – I think I figured out a solution for my particular problem. It's something to do with HEVC, recorded in 4k mode on an iPhone 11 Pro. The clips were vertically flipped when imported into Premiere – easy fix, just rotated them 180º. That worked for hours of editing. Then at one point, they just showed up black, both on Preview and Export. Couldn't get it to comply no matter what I did to them. Very frustrating.

I ended up selecting the particular problem clips and opening them in Quicktime Player, and re-exporting them as 4k H.264. This fixed the rotation and the Preview/Render problems. So it might be Apple's fault. Or it's Adobe's fault. Either way, beware of HEVC / H.265 clips in Premiere, it doesn't know how to parse them properly, for whatever reason. Hope this helps someone who's Googling this right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this issue as well every now and then.  The solution I have is to quit out of Premiere.  When I log back in, the picture returns.  Quite bizarre.  Please help, Adobe.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this issue as well every now and then.  Changing from the CUDA hardware to software engine in the video playback and playback menu does not work for me. The solution I have is to quit out of Premiere. When I log back in, the picture returns. Quite bizarre. Please help, Adobe. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i get this issue too but i don't understand why spending all this money on a PC for video editing when the software cant utilise the hardware correctly....

Switching from CUDA to software resolves the issue but for how long? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just happened to me. Adobe, do you realise this thread is 5 years old? Switching to Software Only bring back my video but all my effects, transitions, adjustment layers are all showing incorrectly. I've reinstalled graphics drivers, both game and studio versions and will reinstall Premiere now. I'm very close to ditching Adobe from my workflow completely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, just had this problem and tried sotware engine only and nothing. I had about 6 clips in a row that were all black with no audio showing. however, the clip right before the blackout ones had diagonal lines in it, so I thought to look that up instead? RIGHT-O! came across this article on this adobe community page

basically just needed to relink clips that got wonky. fixed everything - hope it helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines