Highlighted

Adobe Premiere Pro CC Sudden Black Video

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a video in Adobe premiere. I finished editing all the video and added the transitions. Then I added the voice over. It was working perfectly but then I added the background music and it caused all of my video to go black. If I add new video to the sequence it will play but none of my video will work. Please help, I do not want to have to redo all of my work. All of the audio is completely fine.

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Under File --> Project Settings --> General. There is a pull-down menu labeled "Video Rendering and Playback"

Change it to Software Engine Only and let us know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Premiere Pro CC Sudden Black Video

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a video in Adobe premiere. I finished editing all the video and added the transitions. Then I added the voice over. It was working perfectly but then I added the background music and it caused all of my video to go black. If I add new video to the sequence it will play but none of my video will work. Please help, I do not want to have to redo all of my work. All of the audio is completely fine.

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Under File --> Project Settings --> General. There is a pull-down menu labeled "Video Rendering and Playback"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 24, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your sequence timeline?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a larger image.  Zoom in a bit so we can see the names of the video and audio clips.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Video will just cut out completely.

Can you switch to software acceleration under Project Settings and report back if it works? I believe this is an ongoing graphics card problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not find that option in Project Settings. Also, I tried the render and replace on one of the clips and it worked but it took a really long time. I think I may try it for the whole project, because even my titles are not showing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2017 1
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was having the same issue and that fixed it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JenBlueStarGinger,

Did you figure it out or do you still need help with this?

Best,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here: black preview window. Need to work, will edit now in DaVinci which works flawless and cancel my adobe subscription now forever!!!

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro

Intel i9-9900K

128GB RAM 

2x RTX 2060 super

1 TB M.2

2 TB M.2 Cache

All the newest drivers and versions installed (02.11.2020)

AND NO I WON´T TURN OFF CUDA!!! BECAUSE I BOUGHT MY 10K EDITING PC TO HAVE THE PERFECT EDITING EXPERIENCE FOR ME AND SAVE TIME FOR MY CLIENTS!!! AND NOT TO DISCOVER THAT I COULD´VE STICKED TO MY 2010 LAPTOP BECAUSE THE SOFTWARE IS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0