• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again.

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open premiere pro cc2017 on my Mac Pro these days. Every time It says: "Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again." Is there any way to solve this problem? My Mac Pro has latest system which is macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

I found the solution and I thought I posted it here but it looks that I didn't, my bad.

I can't find the link again but all I had to do was go to

Users ---> My Profile----->Library -----> Application Support --- then changed the name of the folder ADOBE to OldAdobe

then

Users ----> My Profile---->  Library ----> Preferences --- did as above

then

Users ----> My Profile -----> Documents -----> as above

Then restarted Premiere and it was working. I hope this helps.

Peace

Nico

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the new Update and nothing changes. The worse thing is that now I event cant launch Premiere 2019...
WHAT??? Adobe are you serious??? So I cant work. Grap the PS4 and play games 😞

Awesome ADOBE for Professionals, thank you for never ever use you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wouldn't happen to be running a Promise Pegasus raid would you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Is this related to the Promise Pegasus bug? I'm having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue and I AM using the Promise Pegasus - I haven't heard that there is an issue with Premier 2020 not working with the Promise Pegasus - can someone provide a link or fill me in on that issue? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if there's a fix yet, but here's the thread where I found it.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-could-not-find-any-capable-video-play-modul...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY GOODNESS.... is it so easy??? Why I Spend hours with the support. Just remove the connection from my Promise and WOW it works.... SO STUPID!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Pegasus is internal. I'm not planning on taking it out so I guess I will need to wait for a patch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac? Some people have had success downloading the previous version of the Promise Utiliy and installing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. But I don't see anything but a newer version at the Promise site. So I don't know where they found an older one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the good news is, updating to the most current version of the utility 4.04.0000.39 and the latest firmware for my R4i, both Premier Pro and Media Encode are now working. So thanks for surfacing this - I never would have expected my RAID to cause a program to fail to see video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I spoke too soon. It worked OK on Friday for a couple of tries, but now Premiere Pro is back to the error and Media Encoder is back to "software only" encoding. Come, Adobe, get us a patch already.

Edited for typo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Removing my Promise Pegasus software worked for me too. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines