• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro Crash - dotfiles in imported media panel

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings! I am working with Adobe Premiere Pro. When you work with images some systems like to automatically generate dotfiles for them. For last couple hours my Adobe Premiere Pro was occasionally crashing when I was scrolling through folder that contains these dotfiles in the imported media panel. It felt like the reason was that it tried to create thumbnail for these dotfiles but it couldn't and it crashed (with no error handling, reports or whatsoever). It is hard for me to pinpoint the exact problem but deleting all dotfiles has fixed crashing for now. Is that something to consider as a problem or is that my fault? I may try to remake the whole scenario in order to dig upon this error. Looking forward to receiving answers and/or tips 🙂
Regards!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by "dotfiles" ... ?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dotfiles I mean by files which are called the same as original image files but with a dot '.' in front. These are initially hidden on Windows but it feels like they might be causing some problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the exact problem (with video attached), please check out my answer to mrgrenadier under the same post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you on windows or mac?  and how are your drives formatted?  I work on both systems and have a program on my windows machine to read macosextended drives.  I do see odd files generated sometimes on the macformatted drives when they're connected to the windows machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on Windows, but I have taken images from the pendrive which was plugged in to Mac where I have taken all the photos from. Maybe Mac has generated these files. It  is also possible that dotfiles are not the problem, it could be about some other weird binary files or something that was generated on Mac 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, now I am 100% sure what's wrong. I suspected correctly that creating thumbnails for a file is crashing the program. The files that are causing are not exactly dotfiles (sorry for mis), it is about format of the file is '.tif'. It happened for me now a few times when I scrolled through it! Please check out the video I attached 🙂 As soon as I scroll upon .tif file Adobe crashes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, where was the tif created? What frame-size in pixel dimensions, what color space?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines