• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro doesn't like my NVIDIA Quadro K5000M - why?

Engaged ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Adobe Premiere Pro on a fresh Windows 10x64 installation with latest NVIDIA drivers.

When I launch Adobe Premiere Pro, an error message box is displayed, telling me that the NVIDIA Quadro K5000M I'm using is unsupported by Premiere Pro.

I installed the latest NVIDIA drivers, and I even re-installed my whole Windows 10x64 system. No change.

How can I convince Adobe Premiere Pro about the fact that I'm using the right graphics card?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

I echo John T Smith. Nvidia had ended all driver support for all Kepler mobile GPUs completely - de facto in April 2019 (when the last driver ever that supported those GPUs was released), officially in April 2020 (almost nine months ago). Neither Nvidia nor Adobe will ever fix this issue.

For the Quadro K5000M, the very last driver that was released was version 426.78, which dated from June 2020, and it was merely a security-patched version of a driver that dated from March 2019. Unfortunately,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I echo John T Smith. Nvidia had ended all driver support for all Kepler mobile GPUs completely - de facto in April 2019 (when the last driver ever that supported those GPUs was released), officially in April 2020 (almost nine months ago). Neither Nvidia nor Adobe will ever fix this issue.

For the Quadro K5000M, the very last driver that was released was version 426.78, which dated from June 2020, and it was merely a security-patched version of a driver that dated from March 2019. Unfortunately, Premiere Pro 14.5 and later now requires driver version 451.70 or higher just to be compatible at all. Unfortunately, these compatible drivers now completely disable all CUDA support for all GPUs that have compute capability version below 3.5 (the K5000M, being based on the GK104 chip, has compute capability version of only 3.0 even if the 45x.xx drivers were installable on a laptop with that GPU).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines