Highlighted

Adobe Premiere Pro exporting the wrong colors

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having this issue with Adobe Premiere Pro exporting the following image you see below different from how I was editing it in Premiere Pro. I have tried Adobe Media Encoder to export it and it was still the same thing. I looked at it on different devices seeing if it was the  computer I was editng on fault but still the same thing. 

I have also tried Adobe's Gamma Compensation LUT to help resolve the issue but it still exist. 

In the end, I want my footage to look how it does in Premiere Pro's Program monitor as that is how I intended it to be. I am on the latest version of Premiere Pro.

Here is the image:

issue.png

Topics

Error or problem, Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Premiere Pro exporting the wrong colors

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having this issue with Adobe Premiere Pro exporting the following image you see below different from how I was editing it in Premiere Pro. I have tried Adobe Media Encoder to export it and it was still the same thing. I looked at it on different devices seeing if it was the  computer I was editng on fault but still the same thing. 

I have also tried Adobe's Gamma Compensation LUT to help resolve the issue but it still exist. 

In the end, I want my footage to look how it does in Premiere Pro's Program monitor as that is how I intended it to be. I am on the latest version of Premiere Pro.

Here is the image:

issue.png

Topics

Error or problem, Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have done so now

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is you're on a Mac, which uses a rather intriguing and unique take on color management. Premiere is currently hard-coded expecting the images of the internal monitors (Program, Source, Reference, Transmit Out) to be shown on broadcast-standard Rec.709 calibrated systems. Which yours ... ain't.

But then, very few computers Mac or Pc actually are correctly setup including their monitors for standards. Yea, it's a mess out there.

Are you using the Display Color Management option in the Preferences?

A last comment ... no colorist can control anything once it's off their system either. So they grade to standards, and just let it go. Out in "The Wild" ... every screen will show it differently, none will ever completely match the view they had on their machine.

"The Job" ... realistically ... is to get color/tonal set while 'seeing' the image as close as possible to the pro standard. Then, relatively speaking ... that image will look like other pro-produced media on any screen it's viewed on. You can't say "but it doesn't look like I saw it!" because it never will.

Compared to how you see it within Premiere, even on a full colorist's setup with a dedicated card/output bypassing the OS signal to get a clean image to the monitor, using either internal or external LUTs to precisely control the image on a Grade 1 Reference monitor like a Flanders, Eizo, or pro Sony ($5,000 plus monitors) ... any one screen will show it as less contrasty, another more ... one sort of darkish, another a bit light especially in the shadows, and all with have different colot tints.

But ... to the user of those screens, it will look "good" as it is similar to the other high-q pro media they watch. Which will have the same tonal/tint issues but they can't see them because everything on their screen is off that way.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines