Exit

[Adobe Premiere Pro] Installed Extensions not Showing in Adobe Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Adobe Premiere Pro] Installed Extensions not Showing in Adobe Premiere

Hi all,

Complete Adobe-Development noob here -- so apologies in advanced for any confusion on my part.

I have a requirement for work to update an extension that someone else (who is no longer available) created for Adobe Premiere Pro.

To the limit of my knowledge, it was hosted on Adobe Exchange and ceased to work due to new released Premiere Pro versions. I am tasked with updating the extension to make it compatible with the newest Premiere Pro release (and hopefully just all versions if possible). The extension is just essentially an iFrame redirect to our web application, housed in an Adobe Premiere Pro panel. I plan to just update the versions and submit a "Patch" on Adobe Exchange with the new ZXP Package.

Issue:

1. I cannot see my "installed" extension in Adobe Premiere Pro when testing my ZXP changes -- the extension menu is grayed out / disabled.

Attempted Fix Process (learning to repackage the original ZXP file has been an epic journey):

• I stripped the original ZXP package of the "mimetype" file and "META-INF" directory after learning those are generated after signing the package.

ZXP Package Files.png

• I edited the CSXS --> manifest.xml to provide (what I thought was) the minimum version supported (which I hoped would then just be compatible with all new versions)

Manifest XML File - Updated.PNG

• I signed the folder with ZXPSignCmd.exe -- this creates the new, signed ZXP file

• I install the new ZXP package with ExManCmd.exe
    • Command: ExManCmd.exe /install com.MyExtension.zxp

• I receive a successful extension installation result:
    • When installing the extension with ExManCmd.exe, the "com.MyExtension" extension folder is being placed in the following path:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions

Successful CMD Line Install of Extension.PNG

• Unfortunately, I still do not see the installed extension (or any extensions) in Adobe Premiere Pro version: 11.1.2. The Extensions menu item is grayed out.

Adobe Premiere Pro - No Extension Showing.png

Question:

1. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing or what I'm doing wrong? Thank you in advance!
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Worked with Tyler, off-forum.

Root of the problem: jumbled manifest sections. All required sections were present, but out of order.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tyler,

your PPRO version is set for the extension to only be available in 8.0,

which is CC2014. You need to set it to "8.0, 11.9" to support every release

from CC 2014 to CC 2017.

Am Donnerstag, 3. August 2017 schrieb tyler.crawford :

Installed Extensions not Showing in Adobe Premiere created

by tyler.crawford <https://forums.adobe.com/people/tyler.crawford> in *Premiere

Pro SDK* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9743849#9743849>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

e.d.​ Thank you for the response!

Ah -- I had thought that placing a minimum version would essentially say "support all versions above 8.0".

I'll try editing per your suggestion and report back the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@e.d. I attempted to update the manifest as you suggested, like so:

<Host Name="PPRO" Version="11.0, 11.9"/>

<Host Name="AEFT" Version="13.0, 14.9"/>

It installs through ExManCmd.exe just fine... but the Extensions menu is still grayed out in Premiere Pro unfortunately. I tried a bunch of different version ranges and even just 11.2  to match the current build. But no dice.

Here's the kicker:

As a test, I downloaded and installed Transition Pack 1 Lite from the Adobe Add-on Exchange through ExManCmd.exe... and the Extension menu is STILL grayed out in Premiere Pro!

• Capture.PNG

So I'm starting to suspect that ExManCmd is installing to the incorrect directory?

From what I can tell, it's currently installing to:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions

But I'm seeing a directory IN the Adobe Premiere Pro path called extensions as well...

• Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017\CEP\extensions

Should it be installing there? And if so, how do I change ExManCmd's installation target?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tyler,

the path exmancmd installs to is fine (well, used to be before 11.2), and the other path is also valid for CEP extensions.

Have you tried to turn the signing check off?

(By adding the key "PlayerDebugMode" with value "1" to your registry under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\CSXS.7" (for CC2017, for CC2015.x it needs to be "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\CSXS.6")

Then you could also work with a "raw", meaning not-having-gone through-a-packaging-process, version of your extension (if you haven't done that already, but we don't know that yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@e.d. Thanks for the reply on this.

I definitely have not added the PlayerDebugMode yet (I did not know it existed!).

I added the above Registry key (using CSXS.7) as you suggested, but I am not seeing any change in Adobe Premiere Pro.

• Registry - PlayerDebugMode.png

I attempted to follow this guide to double-check what I did, but despite following the proper instructions, trying to both install the extension (and Transition Pack 1 Lite​ to test) with ExManCmd and just drop the com.MyExtension folder in the C:\Users\{USER}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CEP/extensions directory... no change.

I also installed CC and PPRO on a work Macbook Air to see if my system was having issues with file directories / permissions... but I'm running into the same issue there. Even just trying to install the test Transition Pack 1 Lite through regular CC syncing (I get a CC notification saying it has been installed), I still have a grayed out Extension menu.

I tried to install my com.MyExtension through ExManCmd in Mac Terminal as well and enabling PlayerDebugMode...no go, no obvious debug-mode in PPRO Mac.

• Mac Install and Debug Mode.png
  • Extensions Menu -- PPRO.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tyler,

this one I couldn't verify in one of your earlier screenshots: Does the

manifest contain the correct link to both your index.html AND

.jsx which loads the jsx part?

Does any of the panels provided by Adobe on github (e.g. PProPanel) work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked with Tyler, off-forum.

Root of the problem: jumbled manifest sections. All required sections were present, but out of order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you specify how to fix it? 

My extentions aren't showing up either... just a blank box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need help im running throughthe same problem  can somebody help my out with it plzScreen Shot 2020-01-09 at 2.04.43 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

English:
Compatibility of Extensions Adobe, some plug-ins do not open Depending on the version of your Adobe so I decided to create this small tool, maybe it can help you.

Portuguese:
Compatibility of Extensions Adobe, alguns plug-ins não abrem Dependendo da versão do seu Adobe então resolvi criar esse pequena tool, talvez ela possa te ajudar.
https://youtu.be/a3XOjQihlwA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the video is unavailable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Norton automatically deletes the EXE... is it safe?

https://www.kaganproductions.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys.

I am also facing the same issue but this might be the software bug issue. I still see my Extension option is disabled. It seems like I don't have any extension. But I noticed this error. Check the Screenshot. Premier Extension Error.jpg

There is a blank space between Find extension and Extension. This is very confusing but Hope it will be work at your end also.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ihave same issue in mac that is a big problem Adobe can fix that since 2017 !!, I search for every where until I receive here They should solve this problem ihave big project to make it done !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Xxx and to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines