Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro Playback Error/Glitch

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

In March or April I got Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 ad it worked perfectly fine! I was able to Edit my videos and Export them and everything!

Until June it started acting glitchy and laggy... I cant play the videos anymore. Here's what usually happens when I try to play a video.

1: The "PLAY" button wont work, whenever you try to click it nothing happens. It just stays frozen.

2: It plays the Audio but not the Video

3: Sometimes the "PLAY" button will be the "STOP" button and it just stays frozen too.

4: When you click the "PLAY" button the screen turns White and says "Adobe Premiere Pro has stopped working" and the only options are "Close The Program" or "Troubleshoot the issues".

I just Updated Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder today and that didn't fix it either and I tried doing the Shift + Alt Key method and that didn't fix it either...

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you!

Screenshot (74).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try also clearing your  media cache in Premiere Pro CC: FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

To help optimize playback try these tips:

• Try reducing your playback resolution to 1/2 from the program panel to speed up playback.
  • You can use the space bar as a short cut to play and pause your video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar issue but clearing the cache didn't work. Also tried removing all attributes (filters, Lumertri, etc) from audio and video. tried the project in CC2017, CC2018, and CC2019 with no luck. Tried with CUDA and Metal, no luck. Everything was working fine until about two days ago. Now, this feature film that I seriously only have one small scene left to edit is unusable. I cannot watch it, export it, or do anything with it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the prompt reply!

The link states that it is only problem for ver 13. It is also happening in very 11 & 12. Also, it appears to be a different issue than just "A green, purple, or pink haze appears in the Source, Program monitor or in the exported file" and that video I posted shows that it's not just a tint but that the image completely stops playing. It can happen in a number of ways other than that from what appears like static of the old TV days to amber and green glitches, or even just all images going black.

Also, I've tried running it using the software engine only. No luck with that either. Curious how it could be an issue with the drivers if the GPU and OS are the exact same today as they were a few days ago when the problem hadn't appeared yet?

Been looking into it more and seems to be an issue with an effect - possibly Warp Stabilizer, Lumetri Color or Twixtor... Not sure yet. In the past Twixtor has been a real pain for causing errors and Lumetri seems to be a real clunker of an effect too. Usually more hassle than it's worth.

Anyway, thanks for the link and prompt reply. If anything else you can think of may be the issue I'd love to hear it and I'll follow up if I find any answers elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have same problem, but solved with change audio hardware input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines