• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro "Unable to Start Correctly" (First Start) Error Code 0xc0000005

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, All,

My application will not launch from the Creative Cloud Desktop application. I just set up a license for Adobe Premiere Pro this morning. I have had and used Photoshop CC through the desktop application for a long time. I used the desktop app to install Premiere Pro. I rebooted after each step (did the process twice just to make sure I covered that base). When I go to launch the application through Creative Cloud, there is a pause as the application loads, then the Windows error dialog "Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 has stopped working". When I click Close Program on that error, I get:

"Adobe Premiere Pro.exe - Application Error"

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK

to close the application."

Here's the data from Windows:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Application Version:    12.1.1.10

Application Timestamp:    5acd4021

Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.23915

Fault Module Timestamp:    59b94ee4

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    000000000004dc9d

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    b542

Additional Information 2:    b542453d9fbc18beb6c8b18272016eaf

Additional Information 3:    556f

Additional Information 4:    556f3fc416325d53b14105caab1f0528

From the installer log file, I find this:

Desktop Common\Runtime\customhook\RuntimeCustomHook.exe with return code 0

05/15/18 18:21:20:805 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | WorkFlowManager |  | HDPIM | 6484 | No packages to process, this may be if all packages are already installed or all conditions failed

05/15/18 18:21:20:805 | [FATAL] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | WorkFlowManager |  | HDPIM | 6484 | Error occured in install product workflow with error code 130 error message

05/15/18 18:21:21:058 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDSetup | AppContext |  | HDSetup | 8804 | Exit Code: 130

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 1 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error occured in install product workflow with error code 130 error message

And:

05/15/18 18:21:21:575 | [WARN] |  | HDSetup | OOBEUtils | CommBridge |  | OOBEUtils | 7224 | Write failed or else (No of bytes written > data). Aborting write on pipe 00000214 , errno: 232

05/15/18 18:21:21:575 | [WARN] |  | HDSetup | OOBEUtils | CommBridge |  | OOBEUtils | 7224 | Writing info packet to pipe failed with error code -1

05/15/18 18:21:21:578 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDSetup | AppContext |  | HDSetup | 6716 | *************************  END Adobe Setup  *************************

My system specs:

Dell Precision 5510

Windows 7 Professional 64bit + Service Pack 1

Intel Core i7-6820HQ @2.70GHz

32GB RAM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Greetings,

The documentation states that I must have compatibility with Windows 10 Creator's Build in order to use this software. However, that's a strawman.

Adobe has released an update (shortly after I opened this thread - possibly in response), which has fixed my problem.

John, thank you for your replies, and your time. I do not take it for granted (especially since you were the only person to reply).

Nothing further.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the requirements... not sure, but you may need a later service pack on Win7

Minimum System requirements for Cloud Programs... scroll down and check each program

-http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Or, reinstall the C runtime for your version of Windows

Search http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find and re-install the C runtime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Thanks for the rapid reply, John. I didn't mention it, but yes, I checked the system requirements. I meet all of them. Service Pack 1 is the latest required to run Premiere. The only possible discrepancy between the requirements and my system could be a requirement to be compatible with the Windows 10 Creator's Build. I don't know if I meet that requirement.

I will try the advice concerning C Runtime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I've downloaded the C Runtime package for Windows 10. When I attempted to install it the first time, I got a notification from the installer that the package is already installed. I have uninstalled the package and reinstalled, to no avail. The application still will not start. At least now I know that my OS does indeed support the Windows 10 creator's build (according to the information that accompanied the package anyway).

I am open to any further suggestion. I'd prefer if someone from Adobe could help me get this working, rather than being forced to demand a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first message says Win7 (not 10) so why are you now saying Win10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

The documentation states that I must have compatibility with Windows 10 Creator's Build in order to use this software. However, that's a strawman.

Adobe has released an update (shortly after I opened this thread - possibly in response), which has fixed my problem.

John, thank you for your replies, and your time. I do not take it for granted (especially since you were the only person to reply).

Nothing further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I am Ayaz, An Adobe Premiere Pro USER. But I HAve Also The Same Problem Like Saying The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly This Is the error code for me 0xc000007b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines