Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere scripting accessibility for effects

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe and community.

I hope that you will update the accessibility of Premiere pro scripting, like full access to the effects and their properties, or creation of adjustment layers/ black and transparent video items for example.

app.enableQE() is not easy and open and absolutely not well documented...

Cordially,

Marc

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Import , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

It's unlikely that we'll be making any large changes to PPro's ExtendScript API; our scripting-related efforts are focused on exposing those APIs, for use from within UXP "plug-ins" (they're actually extensions). 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unlikely that we'll be making any large changes to PPro's ExtendScript API; our scripting-related efforts are focused on exposing those APIs, for use from within UXP "plug-ins" (they're actually extensions). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Bruce Bullis ,

Thank you for the response.
Yes, I mean the extension creation (I try to refer to the communication between the html 5/CSS and the .jsx file I use within)
for example, I seem not find a way to create an adjustment layer via my extension.

Might I understand from your response that it would be better to not use .jsx any more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should definitely continue using PPro's ExtendScript (.jsx) APIs, until a replacement becomes available. 

I meant to suggest that, while we understand why you'd want more complete API control around inserting and modifying effects, that work is unlikely to be done in ExtendScript. Instead, it will hopefully be part of our efforts to re-expose APIs, for use from UXP plug-ins.

UXP plug-ins don't exist yet in PPro, but they do in Adobe XD, and Photoshop. Adobe has announced no dates for PPro UXP support; we're working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines