• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Project Manager timeline conform issue

Contributor ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently completed a "sizzle reel" utilizing clips from completed shows all over my hard drives.

I used the "Consolidate and Transcode" settings from the drop down, and selected "Individual Clips," "Quicktime," and "Match Source - Apple ProRes 422."  After numerous attempts, and finding the issue with Blackmagic Design BRAW clips (Which I render/replaced and removed the original BRAW clips), the Project Manager backup completed.  All the newly transcoded files were in the proper folder.

However, the timeline still remains linked to the original clips. Is there now a way to conform the timeline to the newly transcoded clips, or create a new timline with the transcoded clips? I want to offload the project to a drive, but if I have to unarchive it in the future, I want to know that there will be a timeline with the transcoded clips, so I don't have to spend time re-linking the transcoded clips to the timeline.

There is precious little information about this topic, or the topic of unarchiving down the road.

For those who might question... no I did not want to "Collect Files and Copy to New Location." Most likely, I will never have to work on this project again. So, I did not want to copy the entire versions of finished shows, when I am only using a few seconds of each.

The transcode part eventually worked just fine. I'm just wanting to know Premiere conforms the timeline to use the transcoded files in the future if moved to a different machine.

Thanks for any advice!  I searched all over the web first before posting. Sorry if I missed something.

Using: PPro 14.3.1

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Please disregard. I don't know how to delete this. I found the solution.

I never saw the NEW pproj file that adobe created in the archive folder. That one has the conformed timeline.

My apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please disregard. I don't know how to delete this. I found the solution.

I never saw the NEW pproj file that adobe created in the archive folder. That one has the conformed timeline.

My apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

For your information, the project manager doesn't work with the Blackmagic RAW plugin as you discovered, but works with BRAW Studio ! You can test it for free : https://www.autokroma.com/BRAW_Studio

However it will not trimm the braw in your timeline (just copy/paste the BRAW clip to the final folder).

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines