Adobe. SERIOUSLY you need to allow ligature control in Essential Graphics

Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of right now there is no way to turn off ligatures in Premiere's Essential Graphics tools.

This feature exists in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator so why not in Premiere? At the very least why are ligature automatically ON when it's largely a stylistic choice to have them on in the first place?
My company has a strict design policy of not allowing ligatures in text, meaning I have to create my text slides in Legacy Title which also has no ligature control, but instead has them permanently turned off. Time consuming and tedious all because this simple little feature is not available. Please push them forward in an update.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe. SERIOUSLY you need to allow ligature control in Essential Graphics

Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of right now there is no way to turn off ligatures in Premiere's Essential Graphics tools.

This feature exists in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator so why not in Premiere? At the very least why are ligature automatically ON when it's largely a stylistic choice to have them on in the first place?
My company has a strict design policy of not allowing ligatures in text, meaning I have to create my text slides in Legacy Title which also has no ligature control, but instead has them permanently turned off. Time consuming and tedious all because this simple little feature is not available. Please push them forward in an update.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 0
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user "peer support" forum, with some oversight from Product support staff.

To get something directly to the engineering/development team, post over on their UserVoice system. That is the input system for the development team, all posts are read & logged into their system by at least one engineer. Also, all posts are collated and sent up the line to the upper managers who decide budgets & features. And those people live by metrics.

When you get over there, search for ligature ... and there's probably other posts you can upvote. Then come back here and post links, and some of us will go upvote them.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the best uservoice report to upvote:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/35256394-ligature

And I just confirmed in 14.5 (have not upgraded to 14.6 yet) that Adobe Garamond Pro (which has ligatures) has no setting to turn off.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stan!

I both voted and commented on that link.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
RRKing LATEST
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's funny becuase if you go in the prefrences the checkbox is there to turn it on or off.  But ONLY if you select middle eastern text under graphics lol.  So not only should it be expreamily easy it's actually already there but disabled when you are on European\Western etc text layout.  So silly. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1