• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe softwares EXTREMELY slow on my laptop

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mostly use Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop so this query is pertaining to those.

So I was using a razer blade 15 last year with 1060 Max-Q GPU and 8GB RAM and it was doing well for the most part until it started crashing. It was getting in the way of my work so I decided to get a new laptop.
However, even with better specs and cooling, my programs run much slower.

My current Laptop : HP Omen 15
Specs :
GPU - NVidia RTX 2070 SUPER with Max-Q Design
Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
RAM - 16GB
SSD - 1 TB

The 2021 adobe update has, needless to say, made things much slower, but even before the update, my softwares were running much slower compared to my Razer. I'm not sure I understand what the problem is.

Some examples of when the system slows down :
If I stack a few layers on Premiere Pro (even 3 - 4) layers, there's a lot of stuttering during playback.
If I add an adjustment layer with noise or colour adjustments, it's very slow during playback.
Even on 1/4 resolution, I still experience this problem.
For After Effects, basic text animations take forever to execute and I have to let it stutter through the timeline multiple times before I can get a simple playback. You can imagine how much slower things get as I add on more effects or transitions.

If anyone could give me any insight into this, I would be very grateful. It's really slowing my work down and I don't have the money to buy another system right now. If there are any tips on how I can optimize my workflow for better performance, that would be great too.

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using highly compressed footage such a H.264 long GOP might want to consider using proxies or convert to an edit friendly codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines