Highlighted

Adobe Stock FX (titles) are extremely slow when added to the project

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They also use very little CPU while doing it. I have been confronted with waiting 8+ hours to encode a 20 minute video with some of the Adobe Stock FX, these are titles. See attached image for an example.

Removing the FX title fixes the issue.

PC Spec: Ryzen Threadripper 2950X 16-core processor

64GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Corsair Force MP510 480GB NVME SSD 

The recorded video clips are in HEVC, but they encode fine without the stock title.

The preview for these effect titles is also extremely slow and stuttery, while the rest of the video plays back smoothly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Best Regards,

Ashley

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Stock FX (titles) are extremely slow when added to the project

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They also use very little CPU while doing it. I have been confronted with waiting 8+ hours to encode a 20 minute video with some of the Adobe Stock FX, these are titles. See attached image for an example.

Removing the FX title fixes the issue.

PC Spec: Ryzen Threadripper 2950X 16-core processor

64GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Corsair Force MP510 480GB NVME SSD 

The recorded video clips are in HEVC, but they encode fine without the stock title.

The preview for these effect titles is also extremely slow and stuttery, while the rest of the video plays back smoothly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Best Regards,

Ashley

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slowrender.pngtitle1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hevc is as particularly difficult codec.  Try transcoding a source to an all i-frame codec like prores422hq and see if that speeds up the export.   and by any chance are your sources from an smartphone?  In that case, the issue may be that they have a variable frame rate.

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The source clips are from AMD Radeon Relive, GPU hardware encoding while gaming. They are only available in HEVC or AVC. If I'm honest, I have had issues with HEVC before so I think I'll encode in AVC, or at least transcode them as you said.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the person who makes that stock title and how he optimizes it for fast render. The lines in the background may be a simple image (renders very fast) or a huge picture with heavy blurs and masks with feather which will take ages to render. It depends also on the size, if it's a 4k template and you are using it in an HD project, you are wasting a huge time as it will need 4x render time with no visual difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are right, some of the titles encode fast, and some are slow. The ones I was trying to use were quite heavy with fancy effects. I just wondered why they weren't using all available CPU cores given the somewhat paralell nature of rendering.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effects and Premiere Pro are not the best programs in using computer resources, so we have to optimize our workflow as far as we can

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0