• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Update makes MPEG2 unreadable

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a few updates with Adobe CC, I reallized I needed to stop the auto-update feature. Every so often an update caused more issues than it tried to fix. I did this with Premiere Pro. Recently, Ater Effects Updated (18.0.1) and it caused issues with the Dynamic Link to an older Premiere Pro version. So, I bit the bullet, updated Premiere. 

This created issues within Premiere and didn't resolve the After Efects issue that would cause a crash everytime I attempted to reset the dynamic link. The Premiere Pro problem was that MPEGs were no longer being recognized. I had the lovely Yellow, media pending, screen. I tried making the videos offline and re-linking them. I tried Replacing the footage with itself. I deleted the Cache. I started new projects and imported the footage, no luck. Everything seemed to stem from stock footage that was imported from tape. Nothing recorded to a media card was an issue. 

I tried to utilize Media Encoder to change the format, but ME did not recognize the file and would not read it in order to export. One version of ME just didn't do anything, no reason for failing. Another version gave a Failed response and only said it was due to a missing font.

So, now comes Handbrake. Through trial and error, this was the fix. I had to import the MPEG2 and create an h.264 with Handbrake. This new video still did not work in Premiere, though it would play in the Preview monitor, but not on the timeline/Program monitor. I then was able to get ME to recognize the new file and create an MPG2 and somehow that worked. I will be painstakingly doing this project as I stumble upon issues moving forward as I utilize old timelines to create event videos each year, building upon past footage.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there an easier work around? Why isn't PP recognizing MPEG2, but will play MPG2?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot to mention, PP also gives out a few error messages:

Frame substitution recursion attemp aborting after multiple attempts...

Error retrieving frame...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines